Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I need to reformat my hard disk

I'm running out of space on my Windows partitions. I have a failed NetBSD (don't ask) install on a 30GB partition that I want to reformat. Can someone recommend a free Windows based tool? I'd prefer one with a GUI.

I also have Ubuntu. I've used a command line based tool in Ubuntu but I'm not comfortable with it. Any alternative would be appreciated.

P.S. Before you ask, the HD manufacturer's tool won't work becuase of the Linux and BSD partitions. I tried.

Thanks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Gparted - live CD version here:http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
Use the built in tools. Start, right click My Computer, Manage, Disk Management. It has a GUI and you can wipe weird partitions and/or reformat them into something Windows can use. Vista and newer can even append unpartioned space to an existing partition.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Gparted - live CD version here:http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
100% recommendation from me for that as well. I use that all the time. best tool. free, and works.

any tool that resides on the drive being partitioned has limitations and can get annoying errors. no errors ever using Gparted (or using Ubuntu and running Gparted besides the ton of errors I ussually get using Ubuntu or any linux distro)
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who are you? View Post
Use the built in tools. Start, right click My Computer, Manage, Disk Management. It has a GUI and you can wipe weird partitions and/or reformat them into something Windows can use. Vista and newer can even append unpartioned space to an existing partition.
Thanks. I didn't know this tool was there.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert