Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #1
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Question Favourite radio stations?

I find myself listening to internet radio more and more. Actually, my main reason for buying an iPAQ was for listening to radio over WiFi. (GSPlayer is great for listening to ShoutCast streams.)

So... what are everyone's favourite internet radio stations? I'll list mine.
  • Radio Paradise
    The best station, no contest. Very diverse range of music. I discovered a lot of new artists through this station.
  • Scratch
    I'm very much into reggae and ska. This channel is only available in 24Kpbs mono, but I still love it. Doesn't seem to work right now, though. :-(
  • MusicOne
    Dance music is a guilty pleasure. Musical equivalent of junk food.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I love rushradio . All Rush all the time. I used to use GSPlayer but have switched to MortPlayer for theextensive control of playlists. Useful for podcasts.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
digitallyimported.net ain't bad
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

I picked up a sangean internet radio for the bedside as a lot of short wave stations are going dark. I usually listen to BBC radio 7 for the comedy, BBC world service for news, XEBC for entertainment, Alex Jones for paranoia (Since Art Bell retired), "We the people" for right wing propaganda, and VOA for news. WLS but not as much since Gary Meir left the Roe Cohn show and they went to an all ad format, WABC for some political commentary, WCCO, and sometimes some San Francisco stations to remind myself that as much as I love the area they are completely wacked.
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I like http://www.slacker.com/ I even have the Slacker Portable Player so I can listen to my favorite stations on the go.

http://www.slacker.com/products/portables/
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I listen to the wnyc.org mp3 feed every Saturday night at 10 pm (Eastern Time - US, GMT -5) Called "The Folk Song Festival" hosted by Oscar Brand it is delightful one hour show featuring US folk music. It has been running with the same host since the mid 1940s.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 AM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
http://www.radioio.com for music, it has a wide choice of genres all in one place.

The BBC stations are good (Radio 4 and Radio 7 for speech, Radio 3 for classical music). I use the Listen Again facility for time shifting (not sure if its available outside the UK though).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:31 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i like
radio nova ("le grand mix") for when i feel like dancing around (or alternately when i'm not very motivated to work and need something to get me going),
fip when i want something eclectic but overall somewhat calmer than nova,
france culture or france inter for discussions or thematic programs,
france info for the news.

i'm going to try out all of these ones mentioned here. looks great.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-14-2008 at 06:41 AM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment