Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Charging while traveling...

I have a mains -> USB charger that was supplied with my Apple Ipod G5. Does anyone have any idea wether or not I can use that as a travel charger for my BeBook?

I guess I could just plug it in and try. But I'm reluctant to do that in case it dpoes not work and manage to frizzle my beloved reader.....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Should be OK, check the output for the adaptor, I guess it's 5V, 500mA; in such case go ahead.
Also I can't see how is possible not to have access to a computer (and USB port) in any place...
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I suggest you buy a mains/USB charger direct from Jinke for your BeBook. It takes click-in country adapters.
Its called a "switching power adapter".
The following information is written on it:
Model UE05WCP-050100SPA
Part UE0706308JYY01-R
INPUT 100-240V 50/60Hz, 0.2a MAX
OUTPUT 5.0V 1.0A
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
pookey
pookey began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Thumbs down

USB is a standard, if it has the USB logo on it it has to comply to that standard, so I'm 95% sure it will be fine. If however yuo're unlucky and it does pop, don't blame me
pookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 AM   #5
rickp
rickp began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I have a mains -> USB charger that was supplied with my Apple Ipod G5. Does anyone have any idea wether or not I can use that as a travel charger for my BeBook?

I guess I could just plug it in and try. But I'm reluctant to do that in case it dpoes not work and manage to frizzle my beloved reader.....
I'm using my iPhone charger to charge the BeBook. Seems to work fine.

Rick
rickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
delta114
delta114 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook, Axim x50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
I suggest you buy a mains/USB charger direct from Jinke for your BeBook.
If you have multiple devices that charge via usb, you may be better off getting a powered USB hub. I got my MP3 player and BeBook hooked up to one, both are able to be charged simultaneously without any connections to a computer. Handy for when travelling light without a laptop.

Plus there's the bonus of charging up to four devices with one power brick and one power point.....all for the size of a usb hub (I somewhere got hold of a tiny little one that does the job nicely).

Oh, and no, my BeBook didn't blow up charging this way (but I tested first on my MP3 player anyway!). Hope this helps.
delta114 is offline   Reply With Quote