Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #36451
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Just dropped my middle daughter off at the rugby ground. She has got into the Leicester County U15s rugby team, and they are playing 23 games today .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #36452
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Baking five dozen biscuits to take to a church dinner today. I cheated and made them up earlier in the week and froze them. Today -- easy! Just put in the oven and bake!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #36453
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Just dropped my middle daughter off at the rugby ground. She has got into the Leicester County U15s rugby team, and they are playing 23 games today .
Are there actually real rules for rugby? Or is it just grab the ball and run like hell, tossing it behind you to your mates as you run? Last one to cross the finish line wins!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #36454
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just put together a small Billy bookcase, now to decide which book to put in it.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #36455
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
That's a _very_small_ Billy bookcase.

Or weren't you planning on filling it up?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #36456
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
good grief! sounds like a death wish!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #36457
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
That's a _very_small_ Billy bookcase.

Or weren't you planning on filling it up?
I am, it this Billy bookcase, the smallest one. I have stacks of books everywhere, today I'm going through them, deciding which will be put in the various bookcases, will be thrown away, box up or need to be sold.

I've got space for another three of those small bookcases, though I want to fill those with dvd's.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #36458
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Are there actually real rules for rugby? Or is it just grab the ball and run like hell, tossing it behind you to your mates as you run? Last one to cross the finish line wins!

Stitchawl
That's pretty much it, apart from one more rule - don't tackle anyone who isn't carrying the ball - which was a favourite trick of mine when I used to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
good grief! sounds like a death wish!
She "only" actually played in 4 of the matches, though that was still a big ask in a single day. And she is touring local schools all day today, playing a match with each of them. For such a slip of a girl I have no idea where she gets all her stamina. I think she runs on aggression (which she gets from her mother, of course).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #36459
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

My uncle just came by, bringing with him a whole bunch of British crime series on dvd. Like us he likes British crime, but usually waits for the dvd. Every once in a while he runs out of space for his new purchases and gives the dvds he doesn't want anymore to my mother. Today he brought the complete Morse collection, several seasons of Lewis, Midsomer Murders and Frost. I'm now ripping them to my computer and copying them to my media player. He's got great timing because I was in the mood for some (classic) British crime drama.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #36460
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm eating an early lunch.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #36461
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm burrowing back into my teen years, searching for the folk songs I used to play and sing back in Greenwhich Village in the early 60's. Over the years so many songs get pushed into oblivion by the ones we learn later, but there are some great old tunes made popular by the early Folksingers of the 50's; The Weavers, Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, early Joan Baez, Mimi and Richard Farina, Phil Oaks, The Kingston Trio, The Limelighters, etc., etc. For some strange reason, I can remember how to 'play' hundreds and hundreds of songs... but only IF.... I can remember the songs! So I've been writing down the names of as many of the songs as I can remember. I only need the name. With that, I can remember the words and how to play the song. Oddly enough though, I don't remember what key I used to play the particular song in! Weird!
This photo was part of a Sunday newspaper centerfold story on Folk Music in Greenwhich Vilage in 1964. I'm the guy standing on the left side...

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Village Guitar.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	112977  
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #36462
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Can you google the name and get the info needed to play it?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:04 AM   #36463
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
I'm burrowing back into my teen years, searching for the folk songs I used to play and sing back in Greenwhich Village in the early 60's. Over the years so many songs get pushed into oblivion by the ones we learn later, but there are some great old tunes made popular by the early Folksingers of the 50's; The Weavers, Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, early Joan Baez, Mimi and Richard Farina, Phil Oaks, The Kingston Trio, The Limelighters, etc., etc. For some strange reason, I can remember how to 'play' hundreds and hundreds of songs... but only IF.... I can remember the songs! So I've been writing down the names of as many of the songs as I can remember. I only need the name. With that, I can remember the words and how to play the song. Oddly enough though, I don't remember what key I used to play the particular song in! Weird!
This photo was part of a Sunday newspaper centerfold story on Folk Music in Greenwhich Vilage in 1964. I'm the guy standing on the left side...

Stitchawl
You're so cute, Stitch.

I remember those days fondly myself, and the singers and songs of those days. And a few years later ... Woodstock. Alas, I cannot play much of anything but a record.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #36464
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
This photo was part of a Sunday newspaper centerfold story on Folk Music in Greenwhich Vilage in 1964. I'm the guy standing on the left side... Stitchawl
Great photo. I may have a photo of me somewhere that was taken at about the same time... if it was taken sometime from May onwards!

I must admit that the photo also makes me think of Lehrer's "Folk Song Army" song.

A lunchtime Coke Zero in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #36465
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Can you google the name and get the info needed to play it?
You can find the words and music to almost any song. Between Google, Chordie.com, Mudcat.com, Ultimate Guitar.com, etc, I've found EVERY song I've ever looked for, and the chords or tab to play them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
You're so cute, Stitch.
High school senior year! Thanks, but if I was so cute back then, why did my girlfriend dump me the following year for a cashier at K-Mart? I was crushed for almost a month! Got a genuine 'Dear John' letter... And she never did give me back my Varsity sweater or sheet music to 'Moon River!'

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?