Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Matteob
Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard (3)
Putting Project Gutenberg books on Kobo

I am thinking of buying one of these but I want to know if it is easy to plug this in as an external device and transfer free classics from PG on to it. I know it is easy on my current Kindle 3 but I do not know if this device is locked down or not?

Cheers!
Matteob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteob View Post
I am thinking of buying one of these but I want to know if it is easy to plug this in as an external device and transfer free classics from PG on to it. I know it is easy on my current Kindle 3 but I do not know if this device is locked down or not?

Cheers!
The Kobo TABLET is an Android device and with the exception of rooting it you do just about anything you want. It appears to a PC as an MTP device and you can then copy what you want to it or install items from Google's Play Store. You can also use calibre and Calibre Companion to sync via wireless.

If you are referring to the eink devices when attached to a PC they appear as a disc drive and you can copy ePubs or PDFs to it, or use calibre to automate the process.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Matteob
Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matteob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard (3)
Thanks
Matteob is offline   Reply With Quote