Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #1306
wilsontd
Enthusiast
wilsontd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sci-fi/Fantasy blog looking for books and authors

I run a science fiction/fantasy blog, http://wormholesandswords.blogspot.com. I am looking for recommendations for book, story, and even technology discussions. I do post reviews, but I am selective on what I will accept.

I am looking for authors for interviews and even guest posts.
wilsontd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #1307
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What's up with The Final Girl - thoughts on what may be an emerging trend in horror films.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #1308
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I continue to work towards completing my collection of non-fiction "Growing Up Stories" and in the process revised "Becoming a Man" which is on my Mansions of the Mind blog. To that extent I have updated and posted the new version there.

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...us-x-none.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #1309
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

You made a post in this thread and now your post is gone? Then more than likely you've violated our posting guidelines for self-promotion and your post has been deleted.

Posts are deleted for various reasons. Here are the most common reasons:

Image too large
Wrong Shameless thread
Shortened URL
Affiliate Link
Spam

You'll find the posting guidelines for self-promotion right here in this very forum. Here is the link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #1310
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finally posted a new review. I'm so far behind.

The review is for Chris Ward's Head of Words. This is a fairly dark mystery drama that's starts in a much lighter and amusing place.

Take a look at the review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...by-chris-ward/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #1311
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In doing research for my longer work - Growing Up Stories, I came across a very troubling sight. I've written about it on my Mansions of the Mind blog:

A Death in the Country

America has been eviscerated and no one noticed.

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...n-country.html
Old 09-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #1312
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
In doing research for my longer work - Growing Up Stories, I came across a very troubling sight. I've written about it on my Mansions of the Mind blog:

A Death in the Country

America has been eviscerated and no one noticed.

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...n-country.html
Very powerfully said, Kenny. My own world doesn't begin to resemble the world I was born into; most of it doesn't even exist anymore. All of the mom and pop stores are gone, including my Grandfather's Sharpe's Groceries on Effingham Street in Portsmouth, Virginia. All of the familiar hangouts for people of all ages (but sadly, not of all colors) are gone. From time to time I'll revisit an old formerly familiar part of town only to find a new expressway in place of the old familiar roads with signs that tell me, appropriately it seems, where to get off. The external changes, as disconcerting as they are, are nothing compared to the internal changes each of us has undergone. Sometimes I feel as if I have been reamed out and all that's left is a hollow shell of somebody who once was; a puppet without a clue as to the puppet master's identity.

Some of the changes are for the better; the fifties were a repressive time for many people. We are certainly better educated if we want to be than we could ever imagine being 50 years ago. But the loss of community is a true tragedy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #1313
kennyc

Thanks Tom, glad it resonates with you!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #1314
Tony Richards
Wizard
Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Richards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reality Reloaded

My long-running website, richardsreality.com, has just been completely updated. There’s a better Photo Gallery, a massively expanded Art Gallery with over a dozen new paintings and drawings by M. Wayne Miller and Steve Upham, a new interview conducted by award-winning author Ed Gorman, a complete list of my available ebooks, both from major publishers and self-published, and news of my latest novels and collections.
Huge thanks to Marie O’Regan for putting it all together.
Why not take a look?
Tony Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #1315
DaveinJapan
Enthusiast
DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.

Device: iPhone
I'd like to add a quick pitch for my blog, which features book related topics along with some interesting pictorials of Japan and some other assorted musings. Here's the link - http://mindbla.com

Enjoy!
DaveinJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #1316
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I've posted the first chapter of my current work in progress

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/10/...chapter-1.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #1317
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wink Blog post on how my Halloween horror short came about

My my new Kindle exclusive short had a long gestation. The story's over at the Sid is Alive blog.

[Non-blog link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-06-2013 at 09:47 AM.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #1318
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
The War On Science essay posted today on my blog - The Bleeding Edge:

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/20...x-none_24.html

An older one but added a 'cover' image along with a minor update.

Also corrected the url in the quoted post.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #1319
kennyc

Where is Evolution taking us? What will humanity be in a million years?

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/20...tion-then.html
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #1320
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Latest review is up. I've selected the young adult thriller, Snow Burn by our own Joel Arnold for this review.

They found it in the snow...

http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/1...y-joel-arnold/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing