Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #16
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
I have a similar problem where by the cover is present but no summary? I have deleted book from Kindle, ticked "Insert metadata as page at start of book" option, reconverted and loaded on to Kindle, cover present by no summary?

I'm using catalog option (as detailed in post 2) but would also like to have summary on actual book, but not sure where I'm going wrong here?
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
elementz
elementz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhulk View Post
I have a similar problem where by the cover is present but no summary? I have deleted book from Kindle, ticked "Insert metadata as page at start of book" option, reconverted and loaded on to Kindle, cover present by no summary?

I'm using catalog option (as detailed in post 2) but would also like to have summary on actual book, but not sure where I'm going wrong here?
I have the exact same problem, following above steps, I am unable to embed a books synopsis upon conversion.
I remember that I was able to embed the rating and summary within a converted ebook. But not anymore.

Maybe somebody could have a look into this issue? Thx in advance.
elementz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #18
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
It works fine for me without any problems.

Confirm the relevant box 'Insert metadata as page at start of book' is ticked in Calibre (Preferences > Change Calibre behaviour > Conversion > Common Options > Structure Detection).

1. Add book to Calibre
2. Edit metadata > Download metadata and covers
3. Check that the downloaded tags and metadata are ok, edit if required
4. Convert book from .mobi to .mobi (or AZW3 to AZW3).

Once that's done, you can double click the book to view it in Calibre's e-book viewer and it should open directly onto the page showing any tags and metadata you have added to it.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
elementz
elementz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Now it works. Strange. I did the exact same thing before. Maybe restarting calibre was the missing part(?).
Thank you for your detailed and quick help l_macd!
elementz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #20
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks for the info. this is really helpful.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #21
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Glad it's working ok for you now, this is one of my favourite features of Calibre!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote