Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: January 2012 Mobile Read Book Club Run-Off Vote
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré 20 45.45%
Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse 24 54.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #31
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So yes, the Smiley series is a series. Fantastic Fiction and Overdrive agree with this. I've read some of the Jack Reacher series and so far each book has been mostly stand alone. Yet it is still a series.
As I said.. Obsession..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #32
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
We are the 45.45%!

The poll was close but we have a clear and decisive winner, and the first tiered vote went well.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #33
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Yay! Not sure if I have missed it somewhere in the various threads, but has anyone found a source for the Black Rain ebook? If not, I'd better hurry up and get an order in to Amazon for the DTB version...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #34
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I can get it fron the Sony Store (I'm in Sweden, but have a US billing address in the Sony Store), but it's more expensive than I like to pay for an ebook (around $10), but it seems that georestrictions makes it hard for us non-US people to get it.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #35
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Yay! Not sure if I have missed it somewhere in the various threads, but has anyone found a source for the Black Rain ebook? If not, I'd better hurry up and get an order in to Amazon for the DTB version...
I purchased my epub version through Kobo. Fortunately I was able to take advantage of a 50% off deal. Inkmesh currently shows three sources.

Inkmesh search.
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #36
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
It's *not* a series. It *does* have recurring characters (i.e. Smiley). There is nothing in the book that requires reading any previous.
Concur completely.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #37
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks both. Unfortunately none of the sites listed will allow me to purcase from the UK. Might just have to go for the DTB version.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #38
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Its available in ebook format on Amazon - at least here in the states. Kindle Edition
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
As I said.. Obsession..
How can you be so wrong? It's a series and your saying it's not is not going to change that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #40
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Thanks both. Unfortunately none of the sites listed will allow me to purcase from the UK. Might just have to go for the DTB version.
I read it in DTB from the local university library. You won't be the only Luddite.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #41
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So Black Rain has been purchased, calibred, metadataed and sideloaded.

Does it still count for 2012 if I read it now and finish before the 1st?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
So Black Rain has been purchased, calibred, metadataed and sideloaded.

Does it still count for 2012 if I read it now and finish before the 1st?
I wouldn't think it would count towards 2012 if it's read in 2011.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #43
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wouldn't think it would count towards 2012 if it's read in 2011.
Rules, rules, rules!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #44
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Rules, rules, rules!
Just save the last page for New Years day and there you go..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #45
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Its available in ebook format on Amazon - at least here in the states. Kindle Edition
Won't let me buy it . Daft, really, as I often order paper books from Amazon US without any rights problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I read it in DTB from the local university library. You won't be the only Luddite.