Device: n70
to conver pdf dictionary in mobi

dear i am new. i want to make dictionary from pdf format to mobi
help me .
fiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #77
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiaz View Post
dear i am new. i want to make dictionary from pdf format to mobi
help me .
first convert it to txt. then :https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...08&postcount=9

(it would be better if you could find a stardict one.)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #78
Newby
Enthusiast
Newby began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 Gold
anybody has a nice german-german one?
Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #79
catariina
catariina began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I have read and re-read this thread a couple of times and got to the conclusion that my computer knowledge is way not enough for this. Then PMed the member who had generated a Swedish-English dictionary with this method but got no answer. (Thanks!)

If anyone happens to have a SWE-ENG-SWE dictionary generated by this method (or any other) that they would share please contact me. If there was some dictionary available in the Kindle store (that would work with the Kindle software on the iPad) I would even pay for it, but there is nothing I could buy..

TIA!
catariina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #80
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catariina View Post
I have read and re-read this thread a couple of times and got to the conclusion that my computer knowledge is way not enough for this. Then PMed the member who had generated a Swedish-English dictionary with this method but got no answer. (Thanks!)

If anyone happens to have a SWE-ENG-SWE dictionary generated by this method (or any other) that they would share please contact me. If there was some dictionary available in the Kindle store (that would work with the Kindle software on the iPad) I would even pay for it, but there is nothing I could buy..

TIA!
if you send a stardict or txt dictionary, I can convert it for you.

this could be small(contains ~2000 words) (same dict with different methods)
Attached Files
File Type: mobi MyDict.mobi (263.9 KB, 565 views)
File Type: prc swe-eng.prc (465.3 KB, 660 views)

Last edited by thomass; 05-20-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #81
catariina
catariina began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
if you send a stardict or txt dictionary, I can convert it for you.

this could be small(contains ~2000 words) (same dict with different methods)
Thanks! It's indeed small. I will keep trying to find some source with more words. But thanks anyway, now I can see it is possible at least.
catariina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #82
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by catariina View Post
Thanks! It's indeed small. I will keep trying to find some source with more words. But thanks anyway, now I can see it is possible at least.

found one with ~23.000words, and converted:

edit: There is a better one on this thread
Attached Files
File Type: prc swe-eng dict2.prc (1.75 MB, 2047 views)
File Type: mobi MyDict.mobi (1.11 MB, 669 views)

Last edited by thomass; 06-08-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #83
Gavilan1
Gavilan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
found one with ~23.000words, and converted:
Thxs a lot pal!, I'm studing swedish and It's quite useful, btw any idea whether to get an english-swedish / swedish-swedish dictionary for kindle? I tried unsuccessfully on google.
vi ses!!

Last edited by Gavilan1; 05-22-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Gavilan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #84
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavilan1 View Post
Thxs a lot pal!, I'm studing swedish and It's quite useful, btw any idea whether to get an english-swedish / swedish-swedish dictionary for kindle? I tried unsuccessfully on google.
vi ses!!
enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: mobi en-swe.mobi (1.14 MB, 1565 views)
Old 05-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #85
demode
demode began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I need help. I've successfully created English->Bulgarian dictionary, but when I tried the opposite (Bulgarian->English) it doesn't work. I tried every input and output language combinations, but still no luck. I've added English words to Bulgarian->English dictionary and they always show correctly, but when I stop on Bulgarian word it doesn't show any translations. Does someone have any Cyrillic language dictionary that will work and it's .opf and .html files to learn from? It also seams to work in Mobipocket reader too! Only on kindle (3 and DXG tried) it does not show translations for Bulgarian words. What am I missing?
demode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #86
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by demode View Post
I need help. I've successfully created English->Bulgarian dictionary, but when I tried the opposite (Bulgarian->English) it doesn't work. I tried every input and output language combinations, but still no luck. I've added English words to Bulgarian->English dictionary and they always show correctly, but when I stop on Bulgarian word it doesn't show any translations. Does someone have any Cyrillic language dictionary that will work and it's .opf and .html files to learn from? It also seams to work in Mobipocket reader too! Only on kindle (3 and DXG tried) it does not show translations for Bulgarian words. What am I missing?
take a look at: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=472141#472141
Old 05-24-2011, 02:40 AM   #87
thomass
Wizard

on these threads, there are some useful links which contain free dicts: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132401
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...00#post1375100
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119771
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3305067
http://eb.lv/dict/
blog.mikeasoft
the-ebook.org
blogkindle/dictionary/
http://www.dicts.info/uddl.php ( to convert)

there is a German-German dictionary on this link or this link(by Newby)

http://1manfactory.com/create-your-o...uage-for-free/

Last edited by thomass; 10-15-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #88
marko horvat
marko horvat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
thomass, can you please create Croatian Kindle dictionary from this StarDict Croatian dictionary? I would much appreciate it.

StarDict Croatian dictionary
http://www.periodni.com/download/eng...dictionary.zip
marko horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #89
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko horvat View Post
I couldn't get access to this dict . Can you upload it to this forum?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #90
marko horvat
marko horvat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
I couldn't get access to this dict . Can you upload it to this forum?
Sure.
Attached Files
File Type: zip english-croatian_dictionary.zip (1.75 MB, 566 views)
marko horvat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook tools, kindle tools