Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
baker
baker began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi, itouch 4th gen, Sony S tab
Smile Charging

I've had good experience charging my Kobo with a Motorola Razor charger which has a mini usb. This also gets around plugging into my computer. I left
the charger in the country on the week-end and my phone was dead so no charger other than the one in the car. I went over Yonge St in Toronto and bought an off-brand charger for Motorola cell phones for $7.99 CDN. Works great on both the phone and Kobo.
I wonder sometimes whether or not the direct charger is more effective/efficient than through the computer. I always leave it charging until the red light goes off and then still leave it on until I get around to removing it.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I wonder sometimes whether or not the direct charger is more effective/efficient than through the computer.
Check out the Battery Life! thread for discussion about this. Essentially, a wall charger will most likely provide more current to charge your Kobo faster. Howerver, a slower charge (such as your computer USB port) is better for the battery in all other respects.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert