Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
tranquiliste
tranquiliste is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS 505
Hello, new member

Hello,

I have just registered today and wanted to introduce myself before starting asking questions.

- My name is Nicolas,
- I am French,
- I have no reader right now but I am going to US next week and think seriously to buy a PRS 505.
- I am looking at ebook reader since a while because I travel a lot and never know which book to take.
- I have not bought one yet because the Fench catalog is very poor (especially recent book).
- Which decided me was the announce that FNAC and Hachette will release recent books in digital format.
- I read mostly detective novels and I am fond of James Ellroy, Harlan Coben, Fred Vargas, Thierry Jonquet, ... but I will also use my hopefully future PRS 505 for technical documentation (I will surely have questions around PDF conversion )

Nicolas
tranquiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I don't think the 505 is very good with PDFs .... although, I'll leave that discussion to those who actually own Sony readers.

If you are going to be reading mostly PDF format, I would consider getting a type of ebook reader that does that one trick very well.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Your English is quite good.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
tranquiliste
tranquiliste is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS 505
Thanks for the advice.
You are right, PRS 505 doesn't seem to be the best pdf reader, but it won't be my main source and I hope technical ebooks will soon use the epub format.

Nicolas
tranquiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Nicolas and welcome to the Forum. Lots of your countrymen are members here. Be sure and check out the French language section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote