Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
OEB to Single HTML File Converter?

I have quite a lot of books in OEB (one OPF plus a number of HTM chapters and JPG illustrations) which I should like to shrink to a single HTML file per book (I do not need the illustrations in most cases).

This can, obviously, be done manually (i.e. once a year - apologies to Peter Sellars) but it seems a simple task and there may well be software to do it for me. As an extremely busy bear of little brain something with a Windows GUI is probably easier to learn than something called by DOS but I'll do what I must.

A search has produced too much information and I wondered if anyone could point me to suitable software, please?

James the lazy
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't know of any software to do it for you. But it is doable manually. And you would have to fix all the links to junk to the correct places.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bryant View Post
I have quite a lot of books in OEB (one OPF plus a number of HTM chapters and JPG illustrations) which I should like to shrink to a single HTML file per book (I do not need the illustrations in most cases).

This can, obviously, be done manually (i.e. once a year - apologies to Peter Sellars) but it seems a simple task and there may well be software to do it for me. As an extremely busy bear of little brain something with a Windows GUI is probably easier to learn than something called by DOS but I'll do what I must.

A search has produced too much information and I wondered if anyone could point me to suitable software, please?

James the lazy
Well you could use MobiPerl...
Code:
  mobigen file.opf
  mobi2html file.mobi

or 

opf2mobi --outfile file.mobi file.opf
  mobi2html file.mobi

or

opf2mobi --outfile file.mobi --htmlfile file.html file.opf
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The opf2mobi option looks good, but another alternative is SoftSnow's HTML Merger. I tried Merger after seeing in mentioned by Moonraker in HTML merge tool needed. It has worked for me in the few cases I have needed to merge HTML (without an OPF file).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote