Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Vereya
Vereya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Apps for Kobo Vox

Does anyone knows if we can use IPad apps on Kobo Vox? I found the one for Vox quite limited. I'm looking specifically for something that will allow me to read my magazines /not only newspapers/ and for Skype app.
Vereya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Since the OS for Vox is a modified Android operating system IPad apps will not work on Vox.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
jsokal
jsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsjsokal can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: vox
Vereya,
iPad apps wil definetly Not run on the Vox. Only on iPads.
jsokal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Well, Skype app obviously can't work because there is no microphone on the Vox. As for magazines Zinio is a great option (I feel like that came included on the Vox though?).

GetJar app market is limited, but if you learn how to find and sideload Android apps, many of them should work on the Vox. Check out the thread: jefftheworld's Best App Package! to get you started: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...fftheworld%27s
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Just Googling, I see there is an Android USB mic. Here's one that even has a mouse. I hate browsing with the Vox because it's so hit-and-miss with the touch screen and my fat fingers. With a mic, you could use the Gmail phone. (I've never tried Skype.)
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Just Googling, I see there is an Android USB mic. Here's one that even has a mouse. I hate browsing with the Vox because it's so hit-and-miss with the touch screen and my fat fingers. With a mic, you could use the Gmail phone. (I've never tried Skype.)
Just fyi, opera mobile seems a little smarter than the built in browser...if you tap on a link and it's not sure which link you hit, it zooms in to let you clarify.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Just fyi, opera mobile seems a little smarter than the built in browser...if you tap on a link and it's not sure which link you hit, it zooms in to let you clarify.
Thanks for the tip. If I ever start using the Vox for more than occasional browsing, I'll look into Opera. I hate switching browsers after I get accustomed to one.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote