Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
kaciemonster
kaciemonster began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-505
ebook store wont let me log in

hey guys, this is my first post so i'm sorry if i do something wrong. so i recently installed the ebook library onto a new computer. everything seems to be working fine, except i can't log into the ebook store. it just stays frozen on the little spinning arrow. i tried registering and it did the same thing. the rest of the store works fine, its just logging in and registering that seems to have a problem. does anyone have an idea of whats going on? thanks in advance.
kaciemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Try navigating out of that page after attempting to register. My work laptop does that, but I know it registered because I can see it on my other computer. I haven't attempted to buy anything on it though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
kaciemonster

i just tried what you suggested... it just kind of stays frozen and i can't do anything, i have to completely x out
Old 05-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Hrmmm....did you deregister your last computer? My thinking is I have the same problem, maybe that's a common thing. It's clearly not your internet since you can navigate it any other time.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
kaciemonster

i'll go try that now
Old 05-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
kaciemonster

hm... on the other computer i can log on fine... its just this computer. maybe i should try reinstalling?

ok... i just tried to reinstall and that didnt work either. on the other computer it says theres another computer authorized but it wont let me deauthorize it. but it works on that computer fine so should that even be a problem?

Last edited by kaciemonster; 05-25-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: to add
Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I think you might want to call tech support. I don't think it likes being registered on more than one computer. Does anyone else here have their account on more than one PC?
Old 05-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
Edd
Edd began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
Call Support

In this case your account might be inactive, You may contact Sony support so it can be reactivated.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #9
kaciemonster

ok, thanks guys, i'll do that tonight
Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #10
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
You can have up to a combined total of 6 devices, computers or sony readers authorised to 1 account.
For me I have 3 computers, my own computer twice because I forgot to deauthorise it before I reinstalled Windows(must remember to do that next time ) and my parent's computer plus my Sony reader. Both computers log in fine to my Sony account.
I reckon it might be a Windows firewall or Anti virus problem. Sometime it does take a couple of minutes to log in if the bookstore is running slowly.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #11
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
You can have up to a combined total of 6 devices, computers or sony readers authorised to 1 account.
For me I have 3 computers, my own computer twice because I forgot to deauthorise it before I reinstalled Windows(must remember to do that next time ) and my parent's computer plus my Sony reader. Both computers log in fine to my Sony account.
I reckon it might be a Windows firewall or Anti virus problem. Sometime it does take a couple of minutes to log in if the bookstore is running slowly.
you can get Sony support to de-authorise any Pc you no longer have access too - I've had to have them do it twice for me when hardisks have died. It's usually done within 24hours.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote