Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #1876
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Jimm, did you consider switching to Beautiful Soup 4? It should be 100% backwards-compatible and have an even more robust parser IIRC.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #1877
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Jimm, did you consider switching to Beautiful Soup 4? It should be 100% backwards-compatible and have an even more robust parser IIRC.
I believe I gave a try once before and rejected it, but I don't remember why exactly.

I tried again now and ran into problems including it in the plugin. bs4 is designed and packaged to be installed like a good python package--not bundled into the somewhat odd distro zips that calibre plugins use. And I also support CLI and Google AppEngine deployment from the same code.

I may investigate a bit more with CLI, but I don't have high hopes.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #1878
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Still the same story. Why did I get funny characters instead of quote marks?
http://www.ncisfiction.com/story.php?stid=05113
Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #1879
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Still the same story. Why did I get funny characters instead of quote marks?
http://www.ncisfiction.com/story.php?stid=05113
The web site says it's material is encoded with iso-8859-1. But that particular story is encoded with UTF8.

You can add this to your personal.ini to fix that story, but you may need to remove it later for other stories:
Code:
[www.ncisfiction.net]
website_encodings:utf8, iso-8859-1, Windows-1252
Old 09-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #1880
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The web site says it's material is encoded with iso-8859-1. But that particular story is encoded with UTF8.

You can add this to your personal.ini to fix that story, but you may need to remove it later for other stories:
Code:
[www.ncisfiction.net]
website_encodings:utf8, iso-8859-1, Windows-1252
It doesn't work. I tried overwrite alway, tried deleting then readding the story, I still get the weird characters. I even tried changing ncisfiction.net to ncisfiction.com, nada.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #1881
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
It doesn't work. I tried overwrite alway, tried deleting then re-adding the story, I still get the weird characters. I even tried changing ncisfiction.net to ncisfiction.com, nada.
In the paragraph:

Spoiler:
Quote:
“Call me Abby.” She placed her gift bags on the Feline's desk and dug into them. First she pulled out a CD case and something that looked like a book under all that - matching the gift bags �" in metallic pink wrapping paper. Both items got handed over to Todd. Then something small that ended in a blushing McGee's fingers.<br />

There's a character that can't be interpreted as UTF8: gift bags �"
So the UTF8 decoding fails and it falls back to iso-8859-1 which doesn't care as much.

Nothing I can do about it when the author puts bad characters in. Sorry.

But it's a completed one-shot, so just copy-pasting the text in using Sigil or Tweak Book should be easy.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-13-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: correct typo
Old 09-14-2013, 04:53 AM   #1882
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
If I download an anthology direct with "For Antholoy EPUB" in comments is a summary of the titles of the books.
Is it possible to change that to the Description on the series-page?
For example: http://archiveofourown.org/series/10723
Old 09-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #1883
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
In the paragraph:

There's a character that can't be interpreted as UTF8: gift bags �"
So the UTF8 decoding fails and it falls back to iso-8859-1 which doesn't care as much.

Nothing I can do about it when the author puts bad characters in. Sorry.

But it's a completed one-shot, so just copy-pasting the text in using Sigil or Tweak Book should be easy.
Thanks
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #1884
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
If I download an anthology direct with "For Antholoy EPUB" in comments is a summary of the titles of the books.
Is it possible to change that to the Description on the series-page?
For example: http://archiveofourown.org/series/10723
Not at this time. The code that gets story URLs for anthologies isn't site specific, so it take some re-architecting to do that.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #1885
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.44 - 14 Sept 2013
  • Remove dateutil dependency
  • Fix for certain portkey.org stories.
  • Fix for PI for int/float custom columns setting empty.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #1886
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Not at this time. The code that gets story URLs for anthologies isn't site specific, so it take some re-architecting to do that.
OK, but thanks anyway.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #1887
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a version with a fix for whofic.com.

UPDATE Sep 25, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-25-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #1888
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Jimm, or anyone who's got this figured out: I've got some downloaded fics where there were cover images included, but since I've set Generate Cover to run by default on new books in FFDL (so anthologies would also have covers generated automatically), it generates the default cover instead of using the included cover image for those fics. Is there a setting where I can automatically generate the default cover for downloaded fics, but still have it respect make_firstimage_cover:true in personal.ini where there's images in the epub?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #1889
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Sefiriot -

If it's anthologies you're trying to use Generate Cover for, I use this:
Code:
[defaults]
add_to_generate_cover_settings:
 ${anthology}=>true=>FFDL
Where FFDL is the name of the GC settings.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #1890
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi,

I'm still receiving the cannot update metadata on ebooks and I think part of the problem is if there is no data to fill in the custom column (like if a story has 0 reviews) I receive the error message that the metadata couldn't be updated. However, the other custom columns filled in information.

Here is the message I recieved on the latest story download.

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Error Updating Metadata: <p>An error has occurred while FFDL was updating calibre's metadata for <a href='http://archiveofourown.org/works/968232'>The Victory of Shadows</a>.</p>The ebook has been updated, but the metadata has not.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 1113, in update_books_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_ plugin", line 1512, in update_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 646, in set_custom
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 939, in set_field
File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 509, in set_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 509, in <dictcomp>
File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 88, in adapt_number
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Closed Thread