Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
SeanMcNally
SeanMcNally began at the beginning.

Device: None
How can I show top bar (status bar) on the Nova Pro with the new firmware (2.2.1)?

Just updated to 2.2.1, and it seems that the status bar has disappeared in all my apps. I’ve read that previous firmware versions called this “full screen mode” which you could turn off in app optimization settings, but I don’t see that in the new version. Picture attached, any help greatly appreciated!
SeanMcNally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
Yep, that’s what I see too.
So far the only app that will allow the top bar to show that I’ve found is the Nook app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2019, 12:50 AM   #3
SeanMcNally
SeanMcNally began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hey, I’ve figured out the solution! In the “apps” drawer, you should have an app called “navigation ball”. Within that app you can customize the navigation ball, and change what the buttons are, and one of the options is a full screen toggle. Button 2 is defaulted to volume control, but I changed mine to toggle full screen instead. Hope this helps!
SeanMcNally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
ehelldane
ehelldane began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Nova Pro
I've read that you can also set 'per-app' DPI settings to something else, like 250, to get the status bar back in that app.

I didn't update mine though, so I can't say for sure.

They've been messing up too much useful stuff per update for me to bother updating. I don't know what they think they're doing, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I do want to update to Android 9.0 when they release that update though, so I'm hoping they get their heads on straight for that.
ehelldane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Neither changing dpi to 250 or adding the full screen toggle button will bring the top bar up in the Kindle or Scribd app. The full screen toggle does work in the included apps though, or at least on some apps.

Advert
Old 12-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
Neither changing dpi to 250 or adding the full screen toggle button will bring the top bar up in the Kindle or Scribd app. The full screen toggle does work in the included apps though, or at least on some apps.
With Nav Point you can setup full screen or other.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:49 PM   #7
Lparsons21
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
With Nav Point you can setup full screen or other.

What is Nav Point? And where do you get it?

Old 12-29-2019, 01:33 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
What is Nav Point? And where do you get it?
It is an app, that opens the dot in the home screen
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #9
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Oops. Just saw that the answer had already been given earlier in the thread.

Last edited by Question Mark; 12-29-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:16 AM   #10
Lparsons21
Zealot

I tried all the solutions given in this thread to get the top bar to be visible, none worked completely. Then I decided that I’ll be sending the Nova Pro back so I did a factory reset/wipe.
Later on I decided to just set it up again and use it until the end of this week. Now putting the full screen toggle in the Nav Ball and using it, the top bar can be made visible in all apps.