Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Canonshooter
Canonshooter began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks
Automatically Adding books

I have Calibre to watch a folder on my hard drive for new books and then automatically convert them when it find a new book added to that folder. However, I find that the only time it looks in that folder is when I start the program. Does it not constantly check that folder? Is there a way for me to have Calibre continuously monitor that folder for new books while it's open and not just when I start it?

Thanks!

John
Canonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
I have Calibre to watch a folder on my hard drive for new books and then automatically convert them when it find a new book added to that folder. However, I find that the only time it looks in that folder is when I start the program. Does it not constantly check that folder? Is there a way for me to have Calibre continuously monitor that folder for new books while it's open and not just when I start it?

Thanks!

John
When Calibre is not running, it can't check.

Calibre is NOT a service.

That said.
You could set the L&F:'Main Interface' preference to Enable system tray Icon,
AND
Add Calibre.exe to your 'Startup' Menu (folder)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Canonshooter

I realize that when it's not running it cannot check. However, I thought that when it was running that it would monitor a particular folder, and if it found a new file, it would convert it automatically?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I realize that when it's not running it cannot check. However, I thought that when it was running that it would monitor a particular folder, and if it found a new file, it would convert it automatically?
Yes it will if you enable that in Preferences: Adding Books: (Automatic Adding Tab)
Old 06-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
Canonshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes it will if you enable that in Preferences: Adding Books: (Automatic Adding Tab)
I have that set up in the Automatic Adding Tab to monitor a particular folder. It checks that folder when I first launch it, but it doesn't seem to check it while it's open.
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I have that set up in the Automatic Adding Tab to monitor a particular folder. It checks that folder when I first launch it, but it doesn't seem to check it while it's open.
Calibre needs the same rights to the folder that you have. It needs to be able to delete the files (after it imports).