Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 04:14 AM   #1
Abrakadabra77
Abrakadabra77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
How transfer "Books Read" and "Hours Read" data

I had to do factory reset, and of course I lost my reading stats ... I saved the file KoboReader.sqlite. Is it possible to transfer only the number of books read together with the number of hours read? A simple transfer KoboReader.sqlite makes the reader stops working properly (not able to open the library, etc.)
I tried using a program SQliteExpertPersonal to edit this information, i managed to only reach that after uploading changes I've got what I wanted but as I open a book counters are reset.
Ps.
Sorry for my poor and funny english but this is not my natural language

Last edited by Abrakadabra77; 01-26-2015 at 04:22 AM.
Abrakadabra77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the backup of the database is not corrupt, it should be restoreable to the device. But, unless you put the same books back on the device in the same place, then it will have trouble. It should just remove the missing books and add any new ones, but, there could be a problem doing this in bulk.

Restoring just the reading stats is fairly easy, but I don't know how reliable it is. The reading stats come from the table "Event". The "EventType" column contains what the event is for. For the reading stats, I believe it is using the rows with EventType=5. I think just copying these rows will do what you want, but I haven't tried it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 07:27 AM   #3
Abrakadabra77

Oh BIG thx! I got exactly what i wanted And indeed it was easy. Once again- VERY thank you for helping
Old 01-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Just to check, did you simply extract and load the EventType=5 rows? It would be good to have what you did do recorded for the next time this question is asked.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
Abrakadabra77

I replace all EVENT database to new, working KoboRead.sqlite and have my stats
Advert
Old 02-16-2015, 03:30 AM   #6
xPrzybyLx
xPrzybyLx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I just lost my Reading Stats and I want to manually enter Total Hours of reading...

What eventType is this ?
xPrzybyLx is offline   Reply With Quote