Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #1
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Help creating custom column

I'm trying to create a new column to adds 2 other custom columns together.
Existing custom column 1 is 'c' and is a float formatted as ${0:5,.2f}
Existing custom column 2 is 'credit' and is also a float formatted as ${0:5,.2f}

The new column is to be named 'cost' and should add columns c + credit and format it ${0:5,.2f}

I assume I want to use Column type "Column built from other columns"
but I can't seem to find the proper syntax for my Template. I keep getting TEMPLATE ERROR: Invalid Conversion Specification.

So far my template looks like this: {#cost: 'add(#c, #credit)'}

I haven't even attempted to add the formatting yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The template for the #cost column should be something like
Code:
program: 
	v = add(raw_field('#c'), raw_field('#credit'));
	format_number(v, '${0:5,.2f}')
Using template program mode is required because the number format contains the { and } characters. Using raw_field instead of field is required because the #c or the #credit columns are themselves formatted and contain non-numeric characters.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
That did it! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote