Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #181
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
OK, this is new in 3.4 as well. Seems another "thing" of the partial effort of Amazons localization.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #182
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

@dsmid: any clue, why in search the buttons do not translate any more? Have the proper ui pictures as in 3.3 but they remain english in my 3.4 version ... and I believe, having gone through more files, 3.4 is a mixture of 3.3 and 4.0. Several expressions which make only sense for K4.
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #183
diba
Addict

Version 0.95c, the (Press 'SYM' ....) is fixed as well as some Menu points in book view.
And again here:
http://ge.tt/109N8FL
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_loc_de_0.95c.zip (4.48 MB, 196 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #184
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
@dsmid: any clue, why in search the buttons do not translate any more? Have the proper ui pictures as in 3.3 but they remain english in my 3.4 version
These are texts, not pictures
Here https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...anslation?r=40 and here https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...anslation?r=40

Quote:
... and I believe, having gone through more files, 3.4 is a mixture of 3.3 and 4.0. Several expressions which make only sense for K4.
I've got the same feeling. I suppose both use common code base to some extent.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #185
diba
Addict

I am veeery sure, on 3.3 it had been pictures .... I did all this nasty work creating them for german loc . So again something new. Thx again!
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #186
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It had been pictures in 3.0.2. I think Amazon stopped using pictures in 3.1 or 3.3. They are still present but unused. The phrases were in a different class in 3.3 for sure.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #187
diba
Addict

I think, looking at your code.google.com, that I probably should go for a "pure" 3.4 version. Mine is actually downwards compatibel, but is this really necessary?

You gave me very useful hints for the benefit of the german community!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #188
diba
Addict

German localization, version 0.95d, with fixed buttons and other small amendments again here:
http://ge.tt/109N8FL
Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #189
diba
Addict

@dsmid, the buttons in search bar of my K3 on 3.3 definetly are pictures. Just rechecked and I can see my work. Slightly different fontsizes due to the lenght of words which had to fit in the button sizes. At this time I was not aware, that I could have done different button sizes as well. But doesn't matter.
Another request, what I could not solve for my former versions is the shop. It remains english and I had no clue in 3.3 how to localize. Have you done this for 3.4? Could actually not find how to translate shop pages.

Last edited by diba; 11-07-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #190
juco
Enthusiast
juco is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm m105, Kindle KB
Hail thee, diba! ;-)
juco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #191
diba
Addict

ATTENTION BUG!
Parental Control causes a bug in the german localization. If one of the control features is activated, the "menu" button does not respond any more.

To get back to normal function, do the following steps:
- Go back to settings page via the "BACK" button
- go to "Parental Control"
- enter PW and confirm with the "ENTER" button (the one with the arrow)
- deactivate the before choosen control feature
- wait a few seconds

now the K3 should behave as before.

No clue, why this happens, probably another missing picture? Is this the same with the CS loc?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

UPDATE: definetly NOT a problem with pictures, MENU button does not respond.

Last edited by diba; 11-07-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #192
danan72
danan72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW2
Polish localization (with physkeyb) for firmware 3.4, based on Czech version ( for dsmid) is here
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_loc_3.4_v0.9.2.zip (2.24 MB, 212 views)
danan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #193
diba
Addict

How is the procedure to integrate the physkeyb pls? And does Parental Control work properly in the polish version?
THX
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #194
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
@dsmid, the buttons in search bar of my K3 on 3.3 definetly are pictures. Just rechecked and I can see my work. Slightly different fontsizes due to the lenght of words which had to fit in the button sizes. At this time I was not aware, that I could have done different button sizes as well. But doesn't matter.
I think some search buttons were images and others were texts. There are more than one search dialogs. But maybe my memory is failing me. Doesn't matter.

Quote:
Another request, what I could not solve for my former versions is the shop. It remains english and I had no clue in 3.3 how to localize. Have you done this for 3.4? Could actually not find how to translate shop pages.
No, I haven't.
I think the shop is actually a web site that is handled differently in browser.
Or maybe built-in component of the browser written in HTML & JavaScript. Definitely not part of framework.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #195
dsmid
Linux devotee

I just checked Parental Control on my Kindle 3.1 with 3.4 framework running and I didn't hit the bug.
I've asked a friend of mine with true-blue Kindle 3.4 to check it, I'm waiting for the result now.

Tags
localization