Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Merry Christmas to all!

I hope that Santa brings you all the toys that were on your list, and makes all of your loved ones feel that this is the very best Christmas ever!

Have a very Merry Christmas! And to all... a good night!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
May reindeers romp in your roosts tonight! Leaving, errrr, presents! [What were you thinking I'd say?]

Joyous Noel to all!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Sorry... I don't do reindeer. They are bullies and I don't like bullies. They picked on poor Rudolf just because he had a red nose. They laughed at him and called him names. They never even let him join in any reindeer games until Santa decided to step in and show them that he was OK... Bullies! Just what are we teaching our kids anyway? We have girls who run off in pumpkins with shoe fetish-ers chasing them down, we have guys kissing strange girls while they sleep, disturbed old men locking women up in sweatshops making them spin flax into gold until their hair is longer? Let's not even consider the bizarre behavior of women who lock up little children in woodland cabins so they can eat them!

I think I'd better have another glass of Bombay Sapphire and go to bed before some fat guy tries to break into my house through the chimney.
~ 8 comic books
~ 7 packs of smokes
~ 6 packs of two-four
~ 5 GOLDEN TOQUES!
~ 4 pounds of back bacon
~ 3 french toast
~ 2 turtlenecks
~ and a beer

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Merry Christmas to you, too!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope the holiday is a day of joy.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
A Very Merry Christmas Everyone!
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Merry Christmas to All!

I promise that no gingerbread figures will come to life and take over the world tonight. Boxing Day is another matter though ( I need any edge I can get to be first in line for the sales), so a word to the wise: eat them all tonight.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
we have guys kissing strange girls while they sleep,
Actually that's in the sanitized version of the story. Things went a bit farther than that in the original I understand.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Merry Christmas MR.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Merry Christmas, my friends!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Sorry... I don't do reindeer. They are bullies and I don't like bullies. They picked on poor Rudolf just because he had a red nose. They laughed at him and called him names. They never even let him join in any reindeer games until Santa decided to step in and show them that he was OK... Bullies! Just what are we teaching our kids anyway? We have girls who run off in pumpkins with shoe fetish-ers chasing them down, we have guys kissing strange girls while they sleep, disturbed old men locking women up in sweatshops making them spin flax into gold until their hair is longer? Let's not even consider the bizarre behavior of women who lock up little children in woodland cabins so they can eat them!

I think I'd better have another glass of Bombay Sapphire and go to bed before some fat guy tries to break into my house through the chimney.
~ 8 comic books
~ 7 packs of smokes
~ 6 packs of two-four
~ 5 GOLDEN TOQUES!
~ 4 pounds of back bacon
~ 3 french toast
~ 2 turtlenecks
~ and a beer

Stitchawl
Hey, Stitch:

In keeping with YOUR spirit, here's our annual bit of Holiday Doggerel (with apologies to Clement Clarke Moore)... http://www.booknook.biz/bk_news/post...christmas_2013 (No: it hasn't changed much from last year).

See you all next year! (Well, actually, knowing me, I'll see you all on the 26th...)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

It's a classic Christmas Eve here, or as Madison Avenue has always pictured it. We had about four inches of fresh snow over the last couple of days, but the sky cleared up this afternoon and it will be clear and cold for Christmas Day. I have the inside word on Santa's plans for my small household and everyone is getting just what they wanted.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Solstice Greetings, whatever makes you happy enjoy.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #13
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Merry Christmas everyone. May the day be an enjoyable one for you and your family.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Very chilly Merry Xmas to all - no snow but temps dipped into the 20's F (and are still there!) - be safe, happy, and have lots of fun & good food!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
To one and all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote