Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #19576
Dazrin
Fanatic
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 3G
Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Next is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde for the book club.
I finally finished this today at lunch. Discussion to come later, but I certainly won't be following WT Sharpe's example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just finished the 1891 version of The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. That makes two versions of the novel, viewings of two separate movie adaptations, and the reading of one graphic novel; all ingested in the past three weeks. I do believe I'm ready now for the MobileRead Book Club discussion of that book which will start on the 20th.
One time is enough for me.

Next is Holes by Louis Sachar which should be a much quicker read. I need something easy after the last few books I have read.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #19577
PurpleStar
Addict
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I finished Hollow World by Michael J. Sullivan. I liked this book a lot. Quite a fascinating take on what might the Earth be like a few thousand years from now.

I'm now re-reading The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan, the 4th book of The Wheel of Time. Slow start so far, but haven't had much reading time.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:47 AM   #19578
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
No more than 3 1/2 stars. Just too many inconsistencies and unbelievable things. The narrative itself is well done, and you want to keep reading. But it's like cotton candy. When you're done, it feels incomplete and insubstantial. I'll probably read the next one in the series, but no immediately.
Ah, nothing like a really good Liaden story. Just finished the "free" story that Lee&Miller put up on SplinterUniverse.com today Roving Gambler. Excellent Liaden story set on Surebleak. And well over 50 pages in length, so not a short story.

Also just finishing up The Burglar Who Counted The Spoons, by Lawrence Block. Number 11 in the Bernie Rhodenbarr series, and a very enjoyable read, as always. Plus it was a free loan from Amazon Prime.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 AM   #19579
Dazrin
Fanatic
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Next is Holes by Louis Sachar which should be a much quicker read. I need something easy after the last few books I have read.
Definitely quicker and easier. I was quite surprised how close this was to the movie. The movie is probably the closest adaptation to a novel that I have seen.

Next is The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. Not quite my normal type of story, but given the accolades it has received and the good reviews here and elsewhere, I thought I would try it.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote