Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Send to Device (structure)

I've had around 600 eBooks in my calibre library last year.
I've sent them to Cybook Opus (and some other readers).
Structure was perfect.
Folder with author's name (first-name last-name), within that a folder with the book title, within that the book.
I've deleted that library from my PC and started a new one this year (might have been a stupid idea).
I've sent about 200 other eBooks to Cybook Opus again.
I've prepared them the very same way in my library.
They are added to the reader, but they show differently:
Folder with author's name (last-name, first-name), within that folder there's not another folder anymore, but directly the books.
I wouldn't care too much about the folder structure. But the books show differently on the reader as well.
Normally (for the old ones) I've got book title, below that author's name and (separated by "-") the publisher.
For the new ones, I see book title and (separated by "-") author's name. I guess, it just shows the filename, not the metadata.

Question 1: Did anything change for the "send to device" command in the last 3 months (last books I've sent before to Cybook Opus have been mid of November).
Question 2: I see I can change the structure of the "send to device" command in settings. Didn't do that before (but it may have changed within the updates as per question 1), but should I do now?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've had around 600 eBooks in my calibre library last year.
I've sent them to Cybook Opus (and some other readers).
Structure was perfect.
Folder with author's name (first-name last-name), within that a folder with the book title, within that the book.
I've deleted that library from my PC and started a new one this year (might have been a stupid idea).
I've sent about 200 other eBooks to Cybook Opus again.
I've prepared them the very same way in my library.
They are added to the reader, but they show differently:
Folder with author's name (last-name, first-name), within that folder there's not another folder anymore, but directly the books.
I wouldn't care too much about the folder structure. But the books show differently on the reader as well.
Normally (for the old ones) I've got book title, below that author's name and (separated by "-") the publisher.
For the new ones, I see book title and (separated by "-") author's name. I guess, it just shows the filename, not the metadata.

Question 1: Did anything change for the "send to device" command in the last 3 months (last books I've sent before to Cybook Opus have been mid of November).
Question 2: I see I can change the structure of the "send to device" command in settings. Didn't do that before (but it may have changed within the updates as per question 1), but should I do now?
Set it to do it your way(tm)
Everyone wanted it different. We got what we wanted. Device has been that way quite a while. We got the Calibre team to allow us to do the same for Save to Disk as some of use use SD cards in a card reader.

Pay close attention to spelling and case. All words in curly brackets are lower case.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert