Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
pmac324
pmac324 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Purchase not downloading to ipad

Hi this is my first post.
I puchased an ebook from Kobo last night. It did not download. I had a pink bar with a turning wheel saying downloading, after half an hour I gave up.
I have emailed Kobo twice. NO reply!. So I called customer helpline. I dont exist!. No record of my email address,purchase or anything. They suggested I bought from WH Smith and to contact them. No record, I have to call Kobo on the same number as first time. Catch 22.
After reading all the problems on these and other forums regarding Kobo and ipad, I will not touch Kobo again, also they have very poor customer care.
I have asked for my £8.00 back.
Is there anything else I can do. Please help.
Rant over.
pmac324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Are you sure it wasn't a pink bar saying "Loading" with a spinning icon in it?
What was the title and author of the book?
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
pmac324

Yes sorry thats the symbol I get. pink loading.
I bought the alternate day diet, James B Johnson.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac324 View Post
Yes sorry thats the symbol I get. pink loading.
I bought the alternate day diet, James B Johnson.
Ok, thanks. I wanted to clarify that as there isn't a pink downloading bar in the iOS application.

I'm going to have a look at the book and will report back shortly.

*** edit ***
I have had a look at the issue and it it does appear to be something with the v5.5 of the app. I have also confirmed that the next update will address the issue, and we're hoping to release that in the near future.

Last edited by Sharkus; 08-08-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Updated reply
Old 08-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
pmac324

Does that mean the book I purchased was not compatable with Kobo software?
I am still waiting for a reply from them, I have sent three emails asking for a refund.
I am going to talk to trading standards.
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Sharkus
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac324 View Post
Does that mean the book I purchased was not compatable with Kobo software?
I am still waiting for a reply from them, I have sent three emails asking for a refund.
I am going to talk to trading standards.
V5.6 of the Kobo iOS application has just been released and it addresses the issue you were having with your book. Please download the update and check if your book opens correctly.