Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #16
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well this is more information than I have seen in a while. All we can do right now is wait - we should all be used to that by now.

Karel,

On a side note I appreciate the new openness and the more frequent communication. I hope that you are still keeping an eye on the eFlybook community. Last time I checked there did not seem to be many "happy campers" (American slang for being generally satisfied).

Hopefully in the near future the iLiad can live up to it's potential.

Does it look like older units could be retrofitted to at least in some way have the same functionality as Rev 2? Is Rev 2 an enhancement or is it a more "accessible" price wise unit. Will Rev 2 have suspend capability?

Another question regarding firmware 2.9, is there bookmark support in pdf's?

Thank you for your time, consideration & cooperation.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #17
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
A new device (with color display??) would be fun anyway ... why are you complaining ;o).
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #18
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I know no one will want to try this until the unbricking utility is available, but could those of you who know how to look at source see if it might be possible to turn off some of the power-hungry hardware to save energy? I'm thinking of the wacom screen and wifi, in particular, but the wired ethernet port and any extra unused storage media might be good candidates as well. Just a thought....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:01 AM   #19
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
... we will be taking additional steps to allow the development on the iLiad platform by the open source community.
This is Great news Karel.
I very much hope the first step will be the means od unbricking the device.
An open source deveoper would have to be extremely { brave | stupid | rich | desperate } to try any substantial changes without the means of unbricking the device, IMHO.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #20
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Antartica,

With this release, it may be time to get serious about creating a distributable virtual machine for development. If you want to update the wiki, I can create the vmware image and upload it to mobileread, torrent, etc...

Adam

Could also be a nice task for Irex, inviting developers to participate.
They even could send a CD-ROM or DVD on request or provide a download of the development package
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2007, 03:01 AM   #21
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Antartica,

With this release, it may be time to get serious about creating a distributable virtual machine for development. If you want to update the wiki, I can create the vmware image and upload it to mobileread, torrent, etc...

Adam
I've just seen henkvdg report about TED not working in 2.9, and kapoira report of dillo not working either in 2.9.

I've not upgraded yet (the ISP at home is having technical problems and I'm "disconnected"), but it could be that they have deleted one of the libraries that these programs depended upon, or that they have changed the executable format (I would really love that they recompiled the firmware to use ARM EABI instead of "legacy ARM"...).

Anyway, it seems that it is a good time to recompile the toolchain, as we now have the sources and can use the exact same version of the libc and compiler.

When I regain internet access at home, I'll have a look at it.

And I agree that creating a distributable VM now would be great :-). I'll update the wiki and the files when I have something done. I count on you for creating the VM .

EDIT: Ups! ARM EABI is only supported by linux kernel 2.6.16 or better... so there will be no luck in that front :-/.

Last edited by Antartica; 03-06-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote