Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Schakel, Peter J: Reading with the Heart: The Way into Narnia, v.1, 31 January 2009.

Peter J. Schakel
Reading with the Heart: The Way into Narnia
(Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1979)

An insightful study of C S Lewis’s “Chronicles of Narnia.”
The thesis of this book is that that the Chronicles of Narnia “are to be read as stories, responded to with the heart before they are reflected upon with the head.”

SOURCE
http://hope.edu/academic/english/sch...gwiththeheart/

COPYRIGHT
This is a copyrighted book. The author’s website states: “Individuals may print copies of the book for personal use; but no part of the book may reproduced for publication or sale without prior permission of the author.”
Dr Schakel has graciously given permission for his book to be posted here, where it may be downloaded for personal use only.
(His kind permission is reported in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30161)

TRANSCRIBER’S NOTE:
I have left Dr Schakel’s text alone, with two exceptions:
1. Two instances of “Dawn Trader” have been corrected to “Dawn Treader.”
2. One lower-case “peter” has been amended to “Peter.”

I have made some slight changes to the formatting:
1. The author has marked the original page numbers thus: “[‹—p.*].” I have left this in the text because the index will be useless without it.
2. Superscript footnote markers are now numbered in the main text like this: “[1]” because superscript does not look well on the Reader.
3. Italics have been continued to adjacent punctuation because this looks better on the Reader.
4. Book Designer does not allow for indented quotations, so these are indicated by a line break at their beginning and end.
[I know that I could have tweaked the epigraph or verse menus in BD to get a workaround for the Sony Reader. But then I would have lost the italicisation within the quotations.]
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Reading With The Heart.prc (280.3 KB, 674 views)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christianity, legend, literary criticism, myth, narnia