Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #46
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm being a nano rebel this year and not aiming at 50k, just to write something towards the novel each day. I was averaging about 250 words a day until I started using my 'new' (used) alphasmart Neo; this has pushed the average word count up to 1,000 per day and makes the writing so effortless. I load my day's writing into Word each night, then delete the contents of that particular Neo file. Hugely recommend it. Shame they are no longer made and can only be purchased second hand.
Hope everyone is hitting your own personal target.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #47
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Hope all is going well and everyone is past the 30k mark.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #48
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
14,991 so far, but I've had to get off to a good start since the end of the month looks pretty busy for me.

This is my fourth year participating, and it's still a lot of fun. My current book is actually a prequel to my first NaNoWriMo book that I wrote in 2011.

There's an interesting NPR discussion panel show on NaNoWriMo at http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/11/06/n...eative-fiction.
Thanks for the link Lazybones.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #49
KimaPrince
KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimaPrince ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD (2012)
Past 35,000 but feel a bit stressed with a week long vacation comming that will potentially take away writing time.

*Goes off to write*
KimaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #50
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

50600 words as of today. Winner winner tofu dinner.
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #51
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Good for you!

I turtled along but at least did so something, besides hosting Nano at our local library. So I didn't meet the normal Nano goal and actually have to say I didn't meet my own hoped for goal either, but I did some of it! This year I'll give myself points for that.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #52
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris

Ending the month at 54100 words. No writing on Cyber Monday, brain needs to rest.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #53
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Is it too early to be thinking about this for 2015?

Every year I pass on Nano because Life. Too busy, not enough time, small kids need me. List goes on and on.

This year writing is getting the front seat, and I've recently concluded that my biggest current obstacle to financial viability is that I work too... dang... slow. So maybe Nanowrimo is exactly what I need.

Maybe.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:02 AM   #54
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I've always been more attuned to short stories, but I have been thinking about it.

If nothing else, it might kick a few ideas loose.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #55
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It's just 5 weeks or so away. I plan to take part.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #56
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread title updated to '2015'.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:58 AM   #57
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I'm game for this year too. Though I might have to be a rebel as I've got time to get started on the novel before November.

(For those unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, the idea is to write a novel of at least 50,000 words during November. If you're continuing something that's already underway, or trying to get 50,000 words of something else down on paper, you're classed as a rebel.)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:13 AM   #58
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Basic Rules (quoted):

Here are the basic rules for winning, as outlined on the How NaNoWriMo Works page.

Write a 50,000-word (or longer!) novel, between November 1 and November 30.

Only count words written during November. None of your own previously written prose can be included in your NaNoWriMo draft (though outlines, character sketches, and research are all fine, as are citations from other people's works).

Write a novel. We define a novel as a lengthy work of fiction. If you consider the book you're writing a novel, we consider it a novel too!

Be the sole author of your novel. Apart from those citations mentioned two bullet-points up.

Write more than one word repeated 50,000 times.

Upload your novel for word-count validation to our site between November 25 and November 30.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #59
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm thinking about Nano. It has been a great motivator for me in the past.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:54 PM   #60
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris

I was going to skip this year*, then yesterday I was dared to do it and given an (absurd) list of elements to include. Now, I might do it, if I can get the necessary research done before November first.

*I finished both the 2013 and 2014 NaNoWriMo challenges with over 50000 words which made simply doing it feel like less of a challenge.

Tags
nanowrimo, participation, preparation, prompts, writing