Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Madhuri1967
Madhuri1967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Books not showing up in library

I have some library and free books I downloaded to my Kindle for PC (all in mobi format) and I want to read them on my Kindle for Android (Samsung Galaxy SII). The books show up fine in the Kindle for PC home folder but when I go to the Kindle app on my Samsung Galaxy SII, it says I have no Kindle titles in my library, no matter how many times I sync. When I look in Manage Your Kindle on Kindle for PC, no books show up - is this because they are library and free books ie not purchased from the Kindle store)? Problem is without them showing up in Manage Your Kindle, I can't use the actions drop down menu. Can anyone tell me how to get non-purchased Kindle books showing up on my Galaxy SII? I need this resolved before I buy a Kindle Touch - no point buying one if I can't read my library books on it! Also, there appears to be no way to move the books in my home folder in Kindle for PC to the Archived Items (clicking on remove from device doesn't do it - the book just disappears!). Thanks.
Madhuri1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Books you get from Amazon should appear in the archives of all of your devices, not on the home screen (until they are downloaded to that device).

If they are not appearing in the archive of other devices, you need to make sure that they are registered to the same account.

My husband once had a problem with his Kindle books not appearing in the archive of the Kindle app on his iPad. He deleted the app, reinstalled it, entered his Amazon user and password, and they all appeared after that.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If the books were not purchased from Amazon, and you didn't send them to the Kindle via email, they won't show up in "Manage Your Kindle". You should be able to hook your Samsung up via USB and drag and drop the non-Amazon books into an appropriate folder for the Kindle app to read.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote