Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Infinity Plus Publishing

Just bringing this to your attention: Keith Brooke, a well-known sf novelist and short story writer, has been maintaining an online archive of science fiction and fantasy by professional writers, for many years, called Infinity Plus (not unlike Ellen Datlow's SciFiction Online). More recently, he's been attempting to turn it into an ebook publishing company, and has recently released several collections of not only his own short fiction, but that of (equally highly regarded) fellow sf novelist Eric Brown. Both have been working authors for at least twenty years, and both appeared many times in the pages of magazines like Interzone and Asimov's. Even better, all the ebooks they're releasing are priced very, very low (Eric's Angels of Life and Death is £2.18).

At the moment, so far as I know, the ebooks have only been released on Amazon.co.uk, and not Amazon.com, but I know this will not necessarily prove to be too much of a barrier for many of those who frequent these forums.

I know both Keith and Eric personally, although I'd been reading their stories for years before I first encountered them in the flesh. Here's a review of one of Keith's more recent books (also available on Kindle), and here's a review of one of Eric's books, released under the Solaris imprint here in the UK. I can recommend the work of both of them.

More, by other authors, will follow.

Edit: There's a PDF press release here.

Last edited by garygibsonsf; 12-14-2010 at 10:02 AM.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote