Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #16
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
I was just checking that you were paying attention (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! )
Oh come on, you know I always pay attention
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #17
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Yes it might be worth a shot with Officeworks on that basis, that they knew another model was coming out. Also I could try telling them I get eye strain from the Touch (which I do). Guess I better hold off buying a cover as there is a slight difference in size between the Touch and the Glo.
I'll let you know how I get on
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
Yes it might be worth a shot with Officeworks on that basis, that they knew another model was coming out. Also I could try telling them I get eye strain from the Touch (which I do). Guess I better hold off buying a cover as there is a slight difference in size between the Touch and the Glo.
I'll let you know how I get on
Yay! Good luck!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #19
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Mmm that's indeed tricky. You could phone Officeworks and ask them if they accept returns (if you pack the KT up nicely). You could argue that you would have waited for the Glo had they mentioned it was on its way... I know it's a long shot, but it's worth it (because, oh! the glo! ). I'd try it if I'd just bought the KT.
OfficeWorks has a good reputation for returns for any problem. But, Katel appears to be in luck as the OfficeWorks Return Policy lists "changed your mind" as a reason.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
OfficeWorks has a good reputation for returns for any problem. But, Katel appears to be in luck as the OfficeWorks Return Policy lists "changed your mind" as a reason.
I wish we had a few more companies like that in the UK!
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #22
Katel
Evangelist

Thanks heaps Davidfor, I didn't know they had a change of mind policy. I wonder if that will cover an opened (and used) item. Anyway there's only one way to find out, isn't there. I just don't know if I could do without my KT for over a month until the Glo comes out. I'm reading 3 books at the moment though I could always use my desktop I suppose. I did buy a light for the KT today which makes a big difference. Anyway I'll sleep on it, and thanks again.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I don't mind not having a light, as I want the Kobo to READ on, and books don't have lights in them either!

Side note, I just tried reading some "Walking Dead" on it, and it works fine enough. I am pleasantly surprised actually. I might pick up at issue 49, where the first compendium ended on the Kobo. They are always in the account then if Kobo comes out with a 10 inch model *drool*.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote