Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #91
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post

I tried:

Desktop\PDF\sopdf -i input.pdf -o output.pdf

(Because it starts with: C:Users\Me>)

It didn't work. It says, "Cannot open file for reading. No such file or directory."

So then I tried:

Desktop\PDF\sopdf -i C:Users\Me\Desktop\PDF\input.pdf -o C:Users\Me\Desktop\PDF\output.pdf

That didn't work either.

So then I tried:

sopdf -i input.pdf -o output.pdf

Nope. "sopdf is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or bath file."
You need to actually navigate to the folder where SoPdf.exe and the input.pdf are located in CMD. So, first put in,

cd Desktop\PDF\

(The DOS prompt should change to show your new location.) And then type in:

Either that, or pass the entire path to SoPdf.exe, i.e.:

Desktop\PDF\SoPdf -i "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\PDF\input.pdf" -o "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\PDF\output.pdf"

(You don't actually need to rename it as input.pdf -- just change it to whatever the name of the file is. If it has spaces in its name, you have to use quotation marks as I just have.)

Quote:
I meant sopdfwin.exe. It doesn't process the files - and I think it's because sopdf.exe closes immediately after it opens. For example, if I process a file, sopdf.exe opens for a split second then closes, then sopdfwin.exe says "Process another file?" - when it didn't process the first file.
It just assumes it processed it. It doesn't check.

Did you put sopdf.exe and sopdfwin.exe in the same folder, as instructed?

Last edited by frabjous; 06-01-2009 at 04:08 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #92
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Did you put sopdf.exe and sopdfwin.exe in the same folder, as instructed?
Yes. But as I said it doesn't work - not sure why.
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #93
enarchay
Zealot

Quote:
You need to actually navigate to the folder where SoPdf.exe and the input.pdf are located in CMD. So, first put in,

cd Desktop\PDF\

(The DOS prompt should change to show your new location.) And then type in:

Either that, or pass the entire path to SoPdf.exe, i.e.:

Desktop\PDF\SoPdf -i "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\PDF\input.pdf" -o "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\PDF\output.pdf"

(You don't actually need to rename it as input.pdf -- just change it to whatever the name of the file is. If it has spaces in its name, you have to use quotation marks as I just have.)
I get the same error. This makes no sense. The file "input.pdf" is in my PDF folder. What the hell.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #94
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:

Nope. "sopdf is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or bath file."
This alone tells me either your sopdf is corrupted or your executable "soPDF.exe" is not in the path.

I know you did have SoPDF working at one point because you showed it in a previous post.

Try the following
1) Redownload the executable.
2) try typing in the command line "sopdf.exe" and see if that gives you a help menu.
3) IF not try ".\sopdf.exe"
If you do get the help then type
4) .\sopdf.exe -i input.pdf -o output.pdf

Note add the ".exe" to the command. Usually you don't have to type the extension but if you have a file name conflict then you must type it out completely.

Last comment you've typed "C:User\me\<snip>" Is this what you are really typing because you are missing a "\" after the colon, it should be "C:\User\me\<snip>"

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #95
enarchay
Zealot

Quote:
I know you did have SoPDF working at one point because you showed it in a previous post.
It works - i.e. I get the help menu. I just can't get it to convert. However, the GUI doesn't seem to work at all: it opens, but it doesn't actually cause sopdf to do any converting.

Quote:
Note add the ".exe" to the command.
Yeah, I tried it that way as well.

Quote:
Last comment you've typed "C:User\me\<snip>" Is this what you are really typing because you are missing a "\" after the colon, it should be "C:\User\me\<snip>"
I forgot to add the "\" in my post. In the actual testing I used it.

I'll try redownloading the file.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #96
enarchay
Zealot

Okay. I reinstalled (from the link in the first post) and it still doesn't work. I attached a screen cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	input.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	30185  
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #97
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
3) IF not try ".\sopdf.exe"
If you do get the help then type
4) .\sopdf.exe -i input.pdf -o output.pdf
That looks like linux advice to me. Shouldn't be an issue in DOS.

Quote:
Okay. I reinstalled (from the link in the first post) and it still doesn't work. I attached a screen cap.
That looks like something wrong with the PDF itself. Is the PDF encrypted, or DRMed or something like that? Could you try it with a different PDF?

You could try it with this file, since I just tried it with that file, and so I know it works. (And since I made the PDF I know it's not encrypted, etc.)

I would guess you're getting the same error with the GUI; it just disappears before you can read it.

Last edited by frabjous; 06-01-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #98
enarchay
Zealot

I downloaded your file and it still doesn't work. Wtf?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #99
frabjous
Wizard

How doesn't it work? What's the message?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #100
enarchay
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
How doesn't it work? What's the message?
Same one as before.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #101
frabjous
Wizard

Can you open the PDF in a normal PDF viewer?

Is the PDF still open when you try to convert it? If so, close any programs in which you're currently viewing it.

Could this be a Vista UAC thing? Try moving everything over to a directory like C:\PDF\, so it's not under C:\Users and trying from there.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #102
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That looks like linux advice to me. Shouldn't be an issue in DOS.
No this is DOS advice too. It looked like he either had a corrupted soPDF or an executable conflict. I wanted to make sure he was executing the correct soPDF.exe .

His previous problem was the executable was not working.

There is some progression it looks like it's now the PDF that is not working.

=X=
Old 06-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #103
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Same one as before.
Actually you are reporting different error messages, can you take a screen shot of the command line and the error.

Also do a content listing of the directory.

On the prompt type dir

Code:
Desktop\PDF\>dir
=X=
Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #104
enarchay
Zealot

Quote:
Can you open the PDF in a normal PDF viewer?
Yes.

Quote:
Is the PDF still open when you try to convert it? If so, close any programs in which you're currently viewing it.
No. It's not open when I try to convert.

Quote:
Could this be a Vista UAC thing? Try moving everything over to a directory like C:\PDF\, so it's not under C:\Users and trying from there.
I'll try it.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #105
enarchay
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Actually you are reporting different error messages, can you take a screen shot of the command line and the error.

Also do a content listing of the directory.

On the prompt type dir

Code:
Desktop\PDF\>dir
=X=
Here are the screencaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdf2.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	30217   Click image for larger version

Name:	dir.jpg