Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
An unexpected exception has occured

with an OK button to continue.

This is trying to open the Cybook gen 3 user's manual which normally opens quite happily.

It clears with a reset but it would be interesting to know what is happening.

Suggestions please.

Thanks John

Last edited by johnwhelan; 01-21-2009 at 08:57 PM.
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:35 AM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Make sure your Cybooks drive is not corrupted by running a chkdist on it, there is a high chance corruption is the cause.

To prevent this from happening make sure you always use the "savely remove hardware"-feature of your OS before disconnecting the Cybook from your computer.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
Make sure your Cybooks drive is not corrupted by running a chkdist on it, there is a high chance corruption is the cause.

To prevent this from happening make sure you always use the "savely remove hardware"-feature of your OS before disconnecting the Cybook from your computer.
I ran chkdsk and it said error free, but the error remained, I've been working with computers on a technical level for forty years so I'm familiar with the process of disconnecting safely form the OS.

Thanks for the thoughts though they were exactly what I assumed at first before I ran chkdsk. As I mentioned it eventually cleared by pressing the hard reset button.

Cheerio John
johnwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote