Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
irishjew
Enthusiast
irishjew doesn't litteririshjew doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Other languages?

This is totally a shot in the dark, but is there a way to install a font onto the reader to support another language? I really would like to get a Reader for my mom, but she likes to read in Gujarati [an Indian language]. Is there any way I could hack/change the settings on the Reader?
irishjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishjew View Post
This is totally a shot in the dark, but is there a way to install a font onto the reader to support another language? I really would like to get a Reader for my mom, but she likes to read in Gujarati [an Indian language]. Is there any way I could hack/change the settings on the Reader?
You can use embedded fonts for some formats (PDF/LRF ?) which should solve your problem.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
And if embedded fonts won't do what you're looking for, have a look at this thread.

Just be sure to read the whole thread before you try any of it, that'll save you some trouble.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote