Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
fraustykindle
fraustykindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
trying to organize kindle, books keep being deleted from collections.

I have a kindle 3, and so does my mom. On my kindle, I can select a book push the 5way button to the right and add that book to a collection. Once it is added it vanishes off the main kindle page and is then inside the collection, like I wanted.

My mom does the same thing, book goes into the collection but it also stays on the main page also. If she deletes it off the main page it also vanishes in the collection.

Only difference in the 2 kindles is she got hers at best buy and I got mine 1 month earlier at staples.
fraustykindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi and welcome to mobileread

If a book is displayed in a collection AND on the main page it will be so because of how books are sorted which explains why your kindles appear to be acting differently. You can sort by Collections, title or author. You click right up to the top of your Kindle home screen to choose how you sort books.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
fraustykindle
fraustykindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks, will check it out.
fraustykindle is offline   Reply With Quote