Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
entity
entity began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Calibre crashes on menu Button selection

Just installed Calibre 64 bit on my new Win 7 Pro 64 bit machine.
Whenever I select any buttons on the menu, the program freezes.
I have managed to open some menus, ONLY SOMETIMES, if I use the side arrow on the menu button but even this crashes the program after one or two attempts.
I have NEVER been able to open the Preferences, even using the side arrow menu.
entity
entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
Just installed Calibre 64 bit on my new Win 7 Pro 64 bit machine.
Whenever I select any buttons on the menu, the program freezes.
I have managed to open some menus, ONLY SOMETIMES, if I use the side arrow on the menu button but even this crashes the program after one or two attempts.
I have NEVER been able to open the Preferences, even using the side arrow menu.
entity
You probably have a corrupted font (or a non-font) in the Windows font folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or maybe RoboForms installed?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
entity

Thanks to you both
WOW! I've never heard of Fonts being a cause of anything like this!
Never heard of RoboForms, so probably not installed.
How do I find the culprit Font and get rid of it?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #5
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
I recommend using 'RevoUninstaller' to remove Calibre, RevoUninstaller gets rid of all the related files including the naughty ones
Google 'Ninite.com/' click on 'Revo' then click on 'Get Installer' this will download RevoUninstaller just follow the prompts
Run Revo to remove your corrupted copy of Calibre
Then download the latest version of Calibre !
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
Thanks to you both
WOW! I've never heard of Fonts being a cause of anything like this!
Never heard of RoboForms, so probably not installed.
How do I find the culprit Font and get rid of it?

Try this M$ W7 answer http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-00c05794b914
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #7
entity

I had a fiddle around with the Fonts but I don't think I made any difference. I couldn't tell which were the corrupted fonts. (How DO you tell?)
I then uninstalled Calibre with RevoUninstaller. That did the trick. All is OK. Thanks again
entity
entity is offline   Reply With Quote