Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
kobo desktop and kobo touch book covers are missing

Ok heres the thing I just downloaded the following 3 free ebooks. Delver magic books 1,2,3. It looked a fantasy series i thought i would enjoy. Ok synced over to the touch but only book 1 has the cover. I checked the kobo desk top and they had the cover shown there all three of them. Can anyone tell me how i can get kobo touch to dispaly the covers?

dumped them reobtained them etc... no luck

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Ok synced over to the touch but only book 1 has the cover. I checked the kobo desk top and they had the cover shown there all three of them. Can anyone tell me how i can get kobo touch to dispaly the covers?
I might be wrong, but firmware could ask for specific page name.
For instance, titlepage.xhtml.
Since epub is a container, you could open it and take a look at
it. Then, if it says names are different, you have to rename some
files to match. As far as I remember, Sigil is fine took for this. Or
simply unzip the container.
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Zoran; if he is seeing these through the Kobo Desktop then these are not regular ePubs; rather the Kobo proprietary version, and tools like Sigil etc do not apply
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've just obtained them through the Kobo Desktop (v1.9) and then synced them to a Kobo WiFi via USB.

I am seeing the covers for all three books in both locations (desktop and Kobo WiFi).

Now you could also download those books via ADE; go to the Kobo website and then "My Library". In the "I'm Reading" section you will see all the books you have, and the Delver books will have the option next to them "Adobe DRM EPUB". Clicking on the buttons for those three books will download three "ACSM" files that when opened will use "Adobe Digital Edition" (ADE) on your PC to download the three ePubs to your PC.

These you can just sync via ADE to your Kobo Touch, or add them to Calibre and sync them from there. Since they still DO contain DRM you will not be able to use all the Calibre features to manage them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I've just obtained them through the Kobo Desktop (v1.9) and then synced them to a Kobo WiFi via USB.

I am seeing the covers for all three books in both locations (desktop and Kobo WiFi).

Now you could also download those books via ADE; go to the Kobo website and then "My Library". In the "I'm Reading" section you will see all the books you have, and the Delver books will have the option next to them "Adobe DRM EPUB". Clicking on the buttons for those three books will download three "ACSM" files that when opened will use "Adobe Digital Edition" (ADE) on your PC to download the three ePubs to your PC.

These you can just sync via ADE to your Kobo Touch, or add them to Calibre and sync them from there. Since they still DO contain DRM you will not be able to use all the Calibre features to manage them.
hmmm I am intrigued by your mention of loading them via calibre? Does that mean even though Calibere can not decode them due to drm, that we could add the covers if they are gone missing? Btw thanks for your advice I will be exploring the options you mention. I like to have the covers showing when The unit is off or sleeping so people can see what I am reading. So a blank book with no title or graphic cover is hurting my eyes lol

regards

jack
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

ok so i downloaded another book via the kobo touch and signing into the store.. oddley this did not show the cover at all either. not sure why it does this... as when i open the book the cover is actually there
at least on the first page i guess