Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
gimley
gimley began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
HEADERS AND PAGE NUMBERS IN DOCX

Hello,
I used the docx conversion in Calibre and it worked beautifully. I wanted to create a two column dictionary English->Sindhi with header and also page numbering.
I manged to handle columns by converting the text to table (2 columns) and hiding the table. (Hope someone finds this tip useful); since at present column formatting is not handled ( I know it is not easy)
However try as I might I cannot add pge number and hears/footers (Footnaotes work beautifully).
Any suggestions for this would be just great.
As a test I am attaching in zip format the sample file. Pl. be aware that the fonts might not render.
Many thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip SAMPLEDIC.zip (26.4 KB, 278 views)
gimley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
gimley
gimley began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Sorry for the typo of the Title. Pl. read as HEADERS and not HEAR
gimley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
corrected title
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not really sure what the problem is. Here is some guidance on how to ask questions relating to conversion ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ebooks have no support for headers and footers.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert