Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Painter
Painter began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook360
Question Fantasy Book sites for Pocketbook 360

I am looking for web sites to download fantasy books on my pocketbook 360, Does anyone know of any good sites please?
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hiya ....

Define what kind of Fantasy you are looking for;

there are some in the Library here ..... see the link in my signature line ....

Welcome to mobileread, btw ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Painter

Hi Geoffc,
Thanks for the quick reply,
I like authors:- Robin Hobb Trudy Canavan, Kelly Armstrong, Raymone E. Feist, John Flanagan, Karen Miller, Fiona McIntosh, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, I suppose you could call them magical Fantasy, sorry very new to this but couldn't find your link.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hi, most of those are unlikely to be found in the Mobileread Library, but you may find some surprises ....

If you find Terry Goodkind, please let us know - we've been looking ....

Otherwise it seems you need to look at search engines such as ... http://ebooks.addall.com/, or http://inkmesh.com/ ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
Painter

Thanks for that, I have the first seven of Terry Goodkinds, Sword of Truth series, if that is any good to you? I will go onto that site now and have a look.
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Baen Free Library is a great place to start: http://www.webscription.net/c-1-free-library.aspx

And the Baen CD has tons of books (scifi and fantasy): http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
For quality fantasy and SF start with webscription.net, the BAEN storefront. It not only carries BAEN ebooks but other imprints like Nightshade (which is fantasy-heavy), DelRey, etc. The prices are good and they are *DRM-free*.

Also, check for the Authors' home pages; many of them offer links to the ebookstores or even sell them directly.

One of the more prominent of the latter is the Closed Circle website:
http://www.closed-circle.net/WhereItsAt/
Basically a group of excellent *established* fantasy/SF writers who feel neither the publishers nor the ebookstores are doing enough to help them reach their readers and set up shop on their own.
They do top-quality fantasy and at least you'll know the money is going where it belongs: to the writers.

Many of the listed authors are (of course) available at the big commercial ebookstores. Sony, Borders, Fictionwise, Booksonboard are all places you might find them. If you have familiarity with DRM-removal, Amazon *definitely* has most of them at competitive prices.

I'd start with the closed circle and Webscription in that order; they're the good guys. Great books at good prices and they don't treat you like thieves.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
Painter

Wow thanks for all that, I will try those sites and see how I get on, - the closed circle appeals very much. Very grateful, thanks again.