Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
geneaber
Connoisseur
geneaber doesn't littergeneaber doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Tide Mill

I am looking at reading the Tide Mill by Richard Herley. Comments from anyone who has read it are appreciated. Thanks.
geneaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Like his Pagans trilogy, and unlike The Penal Colony, I found it a slow and somewhat unsatisfying read.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I've just finished The Tide Mill and enjoyed it enormously. As Gudy states, it is a slower pace than The Penal Colony (or Refuge), but if you stick with it you may find yourself falling in love with the characters and the setting. Richard gives amazing attention to detail, without losing the thread of the story. I found it to be a very complete and convincing picture of what life must have been like in that time. I realize your post is three months old, geneaber, but if you haven't given The Tide Mill a try yet, I encourage you to read it now.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
NonSkidSurface
Enthusiast
NonSkidSurface began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T/X, Treo 700p
I have just started "The Tide Mill", and I am very much enjoying it. There are several more freebie ebooks on the website.
http://www.richardherley.com/
NonSkidSurface is offline   Reply With Quote