Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
colbyu
colbyu began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Finally...

I signed up here a while ago, in anticipation of picking up an ebook reader. That never happened and I let my membership here fall aside for a bit. I finally splurged on a Sony PRS700 & am eagerly getting re-aquainted with the forums and reading up about my device and Calibre.

So far I like the 700 alot. Maybe it's because I never got used to a "better" display, like the 505's, but the lower contrast doesn't really bother me. I usually just get lost in the book and stop noticing...
colbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome, colbyu!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm glad to hear you like it! I just heard somewhere that you can sort through your ebooks on the 700 by cover, is this true?

Because if it is, I am insanely jealous.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'm glad to hear you like it! I just heard somewhere that you can sort through your ebooks on the 700 by cover, is this true?

Because if it is, I am insanely jealous.
it's true. but i usually don't, because 1. you only get 9 titles per page that way (10 in list display) (although, since you can sort by title, author and date, and since in the first two options you can jump to whatever letter you want using the letters on the right side of the screen, it's not such a bit deal) and 2. not all books have covers, sadly (although i usually add them to books i'm formatting myself).

but i admit sometimes i like to switch to cover view and just browse through them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it's true. but i usually don't, because 1. you only get 9 titles per page that way (10 in list display) (although, since you can sort by title, author and date, and since in the first two options you can jump to whatever letter you want using the letters on the right side of the screen, it's not such a bit deal) and 2. not all books have covers, sadly (although i usually add them to books i'm formatting myself).

but i admit sometimes i like to switch to cover view and just browse through them.
So cool...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
So cool...
the really funny thing is that although i change the sorting order pretty frequently, i only just noticed the cover display option a few days ago, even though it's in the same options menu.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
18 months and one post. That's gotta be some sort of record.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi colbyu and welcome to the Forum. I was considering a 500 back in mid-07 but put it off. Then the 505 came out and, finally, after Christmas, I went to the Sony Store and bought one. And really like it!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote