Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Basilicum
Basilicum began at the beginning.

Device: none
PB 9xx Filesystem / and /mnt/ext1

Can someone educate me on how the filesystems / partitions are organised on the PB 9xx ?

When connected to host (Linux) via USB, the root of Pocketbook shows appearantly the contents of /mnt/ext1, the / SD of card as /mnt/ext2.

I found this out with poterm, it allowed me to see /.

Mount (poterm) tells:

/dev/mmcblk0p1 mounted on /mnt/ext1
/dev/mmcblk0p2 mounted on /mnt/secure
/dev/mmcblk0p3 mounted on /ebrmain

/dev/mmcblk1 mounted on /mnt/ext2 (this looks the sd card)

How can I see all files on the pocketbook (/ and above) on my host ?

Looking forward
Basilicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You can't see them by mounting them directly in any way. You can install the sshd application, and then use a PC application that can "mount" everything on the reader via sftp. There's some information on that in the sshd thread in this forum.

Note that sshd runs as reader/sreader, not as root, so filesystem permissions still apply.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #3
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
You can't see them by mounting them directly in any way. You can install the sshd application, and then use a PC application that can "mount" everything on the reader via sftp. There's some information on that in the sshd thread in this forum.

Note that sshd runs as reader/sreader, not as root, so filesystem permissions still apply.
Hi how could I use su or sudo to became temporarily root?

I'd like just add 'find' that now I've command and disable the loading of obreeysocial.app

thanks Paolo
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
Hi how could I use su or sudo to became temporarily root?

I'd like just add 'find' that now I've command and disable the loading of obreeysocial.app

thanks Paolo
No, there's no root access. You can add find to /mnt/ext1/system/bin and add that to your path.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
No, there's no root access. You can add find to /mnt/ext1/system/bin and add that to your path.
thanks, I did that way, without change the path
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert