Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #76
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...3&d=1291144765

mc I believe

FROM https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=24

not me. Enjoy
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Nice job. Your memory is better than mine.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #78
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MC is my all-time favourite Linux app.

(errr unless we are counting x-apps then it HAS to be AMOR )
Old 09-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #79
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks! It had been out of my focus, but now I remember. I like MC on Linux, too:-)
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #80
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you!
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #81
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
Just being overly cautious here (and a tad lazy) you don't need to uninstall any jailbreak or hack before upgrading to 3.4, apart if you do a factory reset right ?

Do you need to do a factory reset to upgrade to 3.4 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigran View Post
Just to report that upgrading Kindle 3 (WiFi+3G, UK version) running firmware 3.3 to 3.4 was successfull (i.e. jailbreak, launchpad and all the standard Kindle applications work fine: K3Chess, CoolReader, KindleNote, Memo, kindlepdfviewer, kpdfdjview, Midnight Commander, myts, kSnake, Kalc, mplayer)

So, if you have a properly configured (i.e. jailbroken and with useful apps installed) Kindle 3 you may go ahead and upgrade the firmware from 3.3 to 3.4 with no fears.
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #82
twobob

works fine on many devices. (custom kernel and modules withstanding)

And no. a factory reset should not be required. and since the installer would just "fail" gracefully even if I'm wrong (I should know I failed it enough times) just go for it.

Some people have reported fails but no obvious pattern has emerged that I can make out yet. My fails were all entirely my own doing (custom kernel, custom modules)

might need to unplug the Pi 1st (hehehehehe)
GL!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@damaru: Depends on the hacks . But in general, no.

And, yes, doing a factory reset is usually overkill, and possibly more annoying/time-consuming than doing nothing .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #84
seawhite
E Ink Lover
seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.seawhite got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle DX white, Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard, K4NT
Just updated my K3 keyboard to 3.4. So far so good
seawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #85
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawhite View Post
Just updated my K3 keyboard to 3.4. So far so good
Super! (that's en_IBM)
It is always good to hear success stories and nice when someone takes the time to post a: "It worked for me".

Hmm...
Maybe we should have a "It worked for me" Smilie.

I think that is as close as we have here.

Or maybe:

Which I just made and now drop into the public domain:
Attached Images

Last edited by knc1; 09-19-2012 at 05:03 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #86
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O

jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #87
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
Well you guys are probably drinking... CocaCola or something cuz I see no difference in my font whatsoever - I even compared it to my girlfriend's kindle and my background seemed actually darker... maybe my eyes are getting tired??

On the good note, the update went like a breeze download, upgrade, restart automatically, all works fine with all my hack and stuff.

and yeah the raspberry is now connected to my mini mpk... no more kindleberry pi for me !!
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #88
twobob

okay... compare the commas... the new ones are prettier.

Also... bah... I'll go find Nilujes side-by-side picture
Old 09-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Wow, you remember those? .

I couldn't even find the post again when it came up (again) with 3.4... .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #90
twobob

nothing wrong with my memory. it's my processor that appears to be broken.

any way as IIRC niluje said "It's a Teeensy bit darker" (I may be paraphrasing)

and a bit prettier.

(actually now I wrack my memory) Also the numbers are ALL slightly better.
but my (flaky) photographic memory can only recall part of image sadly...

the 2's were definitely nicer...

HTH

EDIT: Can't find the picture. you'll just have to (not) trust us

Last edited by twobob; 09-20-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Tags
3.4, kindle 3, ota, updates