Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
Binh.nt
Binh.nt began at the beginning.

Device: m92 from Alibaba.com
M92 can read file docx, xls, ppt.... ?

I am looking around and check if there is one large screen device which can read file types such as .docx, .xls, .ppt, .prc, .lit.
I intended to go for JBC but it seems not perfect and I really do not like color for such price. Another solution was hanvon E920 with very high resolution B&W screen but it is hard to get one, I turn to m92. Anyway, as I see specifications are messing from site to site, M92 owners please help to confirm me if it can read such above files?
Thanks alot.
Binh.nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yes docx xls and ppt. im not sure about prc and it does not support .lit
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #3
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
It can read office documents. It uses Picsel File Viewer which is used on some mobile phones. However all the fonts I get are in italics and very complex spreadsheets are not displayed.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binh.nt View Post
I am looking around and check if there is one large screen device which can read file types such as .docx, .xls, .ppt, .prc, .lit.
I intended to go for JBC but it seems not perfect and I really do not like color for such price. Another solution was hanvon E920 with very high resolution B&W screen but it is hard to get one, I turn to m92. Anyway, as I see specifications are messing from site to site, M92 owners please help to confirm me if it can read such above files?
Thanks alot.
In principle it is supposed to work with Office files. But I tried (rather uncomplicated) docx files once or twice and it failed to display them at all - blank screen appeared. So your mileage may vary.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
In principle it is supposed to work with Office files. But I tried (rather uncomplicated) docx files once or twice and it failed to display them at all - blank screen appeared. So your mileage may vary.
I personally don't use office (yet), but you may want to report this to Booxtor and/or Onyx (best along with an example document), so they can have a look at it.

Cheers!
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
I personally don't use office (yet), but you may want to report this to Booxtor and/or Onyx (best along with an example document), so they can have a look at it.

Cheers!
They don't seem to be very eager to fix what has already been reported. Since Office files are of tertiary importance, and Onyx uses external software to support this, I'll rather wait until any progress is made on long list of hitherto bugs (I'm still waiting for my question mark in Polish keyboard - fixing this should not take more than ten seconds...).
Old 04-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
They don't seem to be very eager to fix what has already been reported. Since Office files are of tertiary importance, and Onyx uses external software to support this, I'll rather wait until any progress is made on long list of hitherto bugs (I'm still waiting for my question mark in Polish keyboard - fixing this should not take more than ten seconds...).
Polish keyboard is fixed If you cant wait I can send you the fix..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24.04.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	85681  

Last edited by Booxtor; 04-24-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
janek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Polish keyboard is fixed If you cant wait I can send you the fix..
Wow, Boxtoor you made my day. I'd much indebted.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
Binh.nt
Binh.nt began at the beginning.

Device: m92 from Alibaba.com
Well thank you all.
Let's hope that Booxtor can do something .
I am personally impressed by M92 so far. I may buy an M92.
Good day!

Last edited by Binh.nt; 04-24-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Binh.nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binh.nt View Post
Well thank you all.
Let's hope that Booxtor can do something .
I am personally impressed by M92 so far. I may buy an M92.
Good day!
it's very good..
trust me
repods is offline   Reply With Quote