Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #151
wangminh12
wangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with others

Device: kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdagenius View Post
I am feeling pleased with myself as I have just successfully installed the full version of Duokan on my new Kindle 3g EU version with Firmware 3.2.1.

This was a little complicated in so far as I had to trawl through some of the chinese forums to work out what to do:

Look at http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-24049-1-1.html

Get the .rar file indicated in the post.

Look at Flip's site http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/

Download the English pre-configured package. You need the DK folders from this archive.

Next follow http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-7709-1-2.html

It all proceeded just as the forum suggested.
my update has failed when i follow your instruction.
wangminh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #152
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangminh12 View Post
my update has failed when i follow your instruction.
Sorry to hear that. You need to ensure you have copied everything to the Kindle before you run the Update - ie 3x .bin files and the 3x DK_ ... folders with their contents.
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #153
linnx88
Enthusiast
linnx88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy2011 View Post
you can use your file at your computer and look if the same issue exit
No this issue does not exist in the original PDF. This is something Duokan does when flowing the text. So it comes up like that.
linnx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:40 AM   #154
wangminh12
wangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with otherswangminh12 plays well with others

Device: kindle 3G
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. You need to ensure you have copied everything to the Kindle before you run the Update - ie 3x .bin files and the 3x DK_ ... folders with their contents.
i think your instruction is right, but maybe it is not suitable for my K3 US.
thank you..
wangminh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #155
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I'm interested in trying out this firmware, but after downloading the archive, I get a bit hesitant when I see chinese named folders and I can easily make a mistake in which files to copy over. Is there a gold standard installation instruction for english speakers?
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #156
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
I'm interested in trying out this firmware, but after downloading the archive, I get a bit hesitant when I see chinese named folders and I can easily make a mistake in which files to copy over. Is there a gold standard installation instruction for english speakers?
I too was hesitant last week before I installed Duokan - see my post.

As I understand it you can not go wrong and mess up your Kindle by installing this. It either installs or it doesn't. Give it a go.
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #157
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
I finally managed to install Duokan on my Kindle3 WiFi 3.2.1. The bin files included in the Duokan_0_5_13_8942_2011_05_20_eglish.rar file were constantly giving me U004 error when installing Duokan. I came across a foreign web site where I downloaded 3 newer bin files and, after a few U007 errors, was able to install Duokan.

When I booted into Duokan (0.5.13.8942 Beta0520) all I see on Home page is:

A. My Clippings txt
B. PDF file (which I copied it into the DK_Documents folder.)

When I copied the contents of "documents" folder into the "DK_Documents" folder, I do not see my Amazon books (except the PDF file mentioned above). Does Duokan not support Amazon books?

In the FAQ, it says:
"To see your ebooks from your original installation to Duokan go to Settings, page 3, select "F. Support old system" and confirm. You can also copy some ebooks to your DK_Documents folder to use them only in Duokan eg I put Word docs and ePub books in here."

I do not see "Support old system" option in the Settings menu.

Additional questions:
1. Is there a way to change the fonts on the Home screen after additional fonts are installed?

2. Is there a limit to how many additional fonts can be added and where can I get the fonts that are similar to what Kindle OS uses?

3. Where can I get additional book TTS voices? The one linked to in the FAQ is no longer available. In post #21 (page 1), montalex says that it only "reads" the dictionary.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #158
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
I am feeling pleased with myself as I have just successfully installed the full version of Duokan on my new Kindle 3g EU version with Firmware 3.2.1.

This was a little complicated in so far as I had to trawl through some of the chinese forums to work out what to do:

Look at http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-24049-1-1.html Note: when I used Chrome browser the page auto loaded with the option to translate to English which was how I deciphered it!

Get the .rar file indicated in the post.

Look at Flip's site http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/

Download the English pre-configured package. You need the DK folders from this archive.

Next follow http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-7709-1-2.html

It all proceeded just as the forum suggested.

There are two systems about duokan ,they are duokan and duokan Lite,duokan Lite is our new system, we are developing it now, every week we'll update,I don't know you are using which system, duokan or duokan Lite?DUOKAN Lite only supports PDF,EPUB,TXT, you can download them from here:http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-34130-1-1.html, as for the duokan system,you can install from here:http://www.duokan.com/forum/thread-272-1-1.htm.Contact me ,I am duokan staff.
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #159
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsichad2 View Post
Can I launch fbKindle in Duokan. Has Doukan a launchpad like kindle system?

fbKindle and Duokan together.

someone can make this happen?
What is your meaning?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #160
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnx88 View Post
No this issue does not exist in the original PDF. This is something Duokan does when flowing the text. So it comes up like that.

What system you using, duokan or duokan Lite?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #161
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
This site:http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
Old 08-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #162
tracy2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
I finally managed to install Duokan on my Kindle3 WiFi 3.2.1. The bin files included in the Duokan_0_5_13_8942_2011_05_20_eglish.rar file were constantly giving me U004 error when installing Duokan. I came across a foreign web site where I downloaded 3 newer bin files and, after a few U007 errors, was able to install Duokan.

When I booted into Duokan (0.5.13.8942 Beta0520) all I see on Home page is:

A. My Clippings txt
B. PDF file (which I copied it into the DK_Documents folder.)

When I copied the contents of "documents" folder into the "DK_Documents" folder, I do not see my Amazon books (except the PDF file mentioned above). Does Duokan not support Amazon books?

In the FAQ, it says:
"To see your ebooks from your original installation to Duokan go to Settings, page 3, select "F. Support old system" and confirm. You can also copy some ebooks to your DK_Documents folder to use them only in Duokan eg I put Word docs and ePub books in here."

I do not see "Support old system" option in the Settings menu.

Additional questions:
1. Is there a way to change the fonts on the Home screen after additional fonts are installed?

2. Is there a limit to how many additional fonts can be added and where can I get the fonts that are similar to what Kindle OS uses?

3. Where can I get additional book TTS voices? The one linked to in the FAQ is no longer available. In post #21 (page 1), montalex says that it only "reads" the dictionary.
In duokan ,you can see the mobi pdf txt,no AZW. the fonts, it can reolace the original fonts, and the TTS voice,it can't be replaced.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #163
tracy2011
Connoisseur

if you have any question ,please go to the link:www.duokan.com
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #164
tracy2011
Connoisseur

where is my words?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #165
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy2011 View Post
where is my words?
For some reason your posts often get caught up in the Moderation queue. We do approve them (as with the post above where you ask), but I'm not sure why they do. I've actually reported your post to the Moderation area to see if we can stop the filter from stopping them.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle