Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Thumbnails

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to get the thumbnail view to work consistently? The 360 seems to detect covers rather haphazardly. Sometimes an FB2 shows it, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a prc shows, it sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes that cover I set in calibre shows, sometimes it doesn't. Is there any way specific trigger I can set so that the cover will be detected?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll answer my own question: I can reliably generate thumbnails in the Book menu if I use Calibre to generate .mobi files. Apparently, .prc files and .fb2 files are iffy and .epub and .pdf will not generate thumbnails at all. Is there any way to tweak the file manager of the PB360 to generate Thumbnails for all book formats? It's somewhat annoying to have run all of my ebooks, even the mobipocket format ones, through calibre in order to have a nice screen full of book covers. My old Sony and Cybook did this automatically without any jiggery pokery. The PB360, with its advanced firmware, should be able to handle this easily.

Luqman
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I have this problem as well. No where near the issue you have though. I have a few ebooks that for some reason don't show the cover as a thumbnail. And I have no idea why that is. Since I am the one that added those covers to the ebook using Sigil. And basically created the structure and the toc. Even ebooks that are in a series and and Sigil shows them with an identical structure. One will show the cover and one will not. Very odd. But its only a handful of ebooks out of a couple hundred.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
batgirl
Enthusiast
batgirl doesn't litterbatgirl doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook360
I'm also interested in this cover issue? Some of my covers show in thumbnail, some don't. Anyone know why and/or how to fix this?

Thanks
batgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl View Post
I'm also interested in this cover issue? Some of my covers show in thumbnail, some don't. Anyone know why and/or how to fix this?

Thanks
Calibre codes the ePub covers in a different format, that's where the problems come from. I will report the problem.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Is there any reason why the PB file browser can't simply use the first page as a thumbnail? This appears to be what the other ebook devices with this functionality do. Is there any hackery, ala the FBReader hacks, that could allow us to enable this?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Is there any reason why the PB file browser can't simply use the first page as a thumbnail? This appears to be what the other ebook devices with this functionality do. Is there any hackery, ala the FBReader hacks, that could allow us to enable this?
We just need the OS to understand where to look for a cover in a Calibre ePub (there is a special xhtml file for the cover in Calibre). ADE does not have any problems with this but FBReader and the PB firmware obviously has.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote