Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The magnet on my official Amazon case works fine, so hopefully your replacement will, also.

I have the purple case, and 2 knock-offs in other colors. I am using the purple one, right now. It really is nice.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
My cheap August case (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2211652726...84.m1423.l2649) is perfect, nice and light and the magnet is easily strong enough to keep the case closed when not in use, available in beautiful colours too. I definitely prefer it to the official case as it is much lighter, (helpful as the PW itself is already quite a bit heavier than my previous reader), and of course the low price is a nice bonus.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
I totally recommend Oberon. Three of our four kindles has an Oberon case. They're EXTREMELY durable and give excellent protection. The fourth would as well only my hubby had to have this. As an added bonus they're also very beautiful and you'd be supporting a family run handcraft business. I don't recommend the sleeves pictured in the page before but rather a proper kindle paperwhite case which they do make tailored specifically for the paperwhite.

You can check them out here:

http://oberondesign.com/e-reader-covers/kindle.html

There are 26 designs to choose from and each comes in an average of three colors. Here are a few examples:

Spoiler:

This is my current cover:

Spoiler:

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-28-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Put oversized graphics in spoilers.
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Those Oberon covers are pretty, but I wouldn't want one. I like to fold my front cover back behind the reader,
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Those Oberon covers are pretty, but I wouldn't want one. I like to fold my front cover back behind the reader,
I'm pretty sure you can with an oberon cover.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm pretty sure you can with an oberon cover.
I bet it wouldn't fold very flat....I got a custom m-edge cover and though it folds back, it isn't flat, it's very bulky and unwieldy. So I only use it when I want to hold it open, not fold when I want to use a cover folded back.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I bet it wouldn't fold very flat....I got a custom m-edge cover and though it folds back, it isn't flat, it's very bulky and unwieldy. So I only use it when I want to hold it open, not fold when I want to use a cover folded back.
I use the Amazon lighted cover on my K3. It looks very similar in thickness to the oberon (of course I could be wrong) and it folds back perfectly. I'm the same as you, I like to fold the cover right back to read one handed.

Hopefully someone with an actual oberon cover chimes in, I'd like to know if this is true .
Old 03-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I use the Amazon lighted cover on my K3. It looks very similar in thickness to the oberon (of course I could be wrong) and it folds back perfectly. I'm the same as you, I like to fold the cover right back to read one handed.

Hopefully someone with an actual oberon cover chimes in, I'd like to know if this is true .
I used my lighted K3 cover that way, too, and I used other m-edge covers folded all the way back, too. The custom one, thicker maybe? I dunno, I don't like the extra bulk in it. And those leather Oberon's seem from the pictures, extremely thick.

Anyway they are way out of my price range! But they have very pretty pictures.

Ok I looked at the video and at about 4:53 minutes, there is a brief shot of him folding it back. It doesn't appear as bulky at the spine as my m-edge custom cover. Hard to see though.

Last edited by booklover6; 03-28-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #24
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I wish there were a way to disable the sensor short of mechanical contrivance (such as a software setting). The vest pocket I often put my kindle in is close in proximity to my phone and magnetic pocket closures, so it tends to wake up spontaneously, as I only recently discovered. I have also been carrying it in there with my Kindle Touch (which has a cover) which also triggers the sensor if they are 'face to face''. No wonder the battery drain has seemed excessive.

I tried a third party cover and like other commenters here, found it did not reliably keep my PW from waking, as even slight movements could trigger wake. I would like to think that the Amazon cover would not have this issue, but then I like using it without a cover and do not want to spend $40 just to solve this spontaneous wake problem.

I will probably experiment with affixing a thin magnet to the bezel where the sensor resides to see if that has the desired effect.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #25
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
I used my lighted K3 cover that way, too, and I used other m-edge covers folded all the way back, too. The custom one, thicker maybe? I dunno, I don't like the extra bulk in it. And those leather Oberon's seem from the pictures, extremely thick.

Anyway they are way out of my price range! But they have very pretty pictures.

Ok I looked at the video and at about 4:53 minutes, there is a brief shot of him folding it back. It doesn't appear as bulky at the spine as my m-edge custom cover. Hard to see though.
It's out my price range too, that's why I don't have one
Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I had Oberon covers on my K1 and K2. They are lovely, do fold back to be quite flat, but are very heavy.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I had Oberon covers on my K1 and K2. They are lovely, do fold back to be quite flat, but are very heavy.
That's one of the reasons I like my Oberon sleeve. It's not nearly as heavy as their full covers, and reading becomes that much more enjoyable when I simply slip the Kindle out of its cover and read naked. Having only 10 ounces of Kindle in your hand when you're reading does make a difference. The sleeves are also cheaper than the full covers, and use that same thick leather for protection.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #28
ivar
ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: kindle touch, pw
Hi
There are alternatives to cases with magnet. One are shown HERE ;:-)
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #29
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Cute, but it doesn't offer much protection.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #30
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:

I have an Oberon for my Paperwhite and it does fold back for one-handed reading. Here's a picture of mine folded back (excuse the can of soup...)

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps020eee3a.jpg

[Image exceeds posting guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-06-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add image
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kindle paperwhite