Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Fisch
Fisch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Some questions...

I can't find some complete specs of the 902, so I'd really like to know (I posted similar questions in the "which should I buy" section but these are the one related to the pocketbook, I hope it is not a problem):

1) does it supoort CBR/CBZ archives? if not has anyone tried to read comics with it and which is the best format for them?

2) on www.pocketbookreader.com it isn't clear whether the 902 as a touch input (wacom) or not, I think not but I want to be sure

3) the one with a wacom digitizer is the 903, right? do anyone know if it available in US or it'll ever be?

4) Last, does anyone knows if shipping within US is free from the official store or which is the best place to buy it from otherwise?

Thanks in advance!
Fisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Fisch, welcome to our forum!

The Pocketbooks don't support cbr/cbz archives. Best format for comics could be pdf.
The 902 doesn't have a wacom touch, the 903 is the wacom touch device.

I'm sure, other members will join in and answer the other questions. Maybe you could send an email to the people at www.pocketreader.com and inquire directly. Dulin's Books - who is also a member here - is also operating in the US.

Last edited by Billi; 03-06-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I would hope the 903 would be available in the US this month or next. But carrier negotiations are famously lengthy so really it could drag on for awhile yet. No free shipping in the US currently from any of the dealers as far as I know.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
I wouldn't trust the info on www.pocketbookreader.com anyways (not even sure how official the site is, but it looks like its not).

For example about the 602/902 they say:
"BlueTooth
Connect Bluetooth supporting devices, such as headphones, keyboard, cell phones (for Internet connection and file transfer), and PCs etc., to PocketBook Pro ..."

Which we know isn't accurate at all.

Last edited by J.C.; 03-06-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #5
Fisch
Fisch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for all your answers! At the end I bought it from www.pocketbookreader.com, it let you use Paypal to buy and everything was smooth. I already received it and I am very satisfied but I also have some new questions:

1) First a very newbie one: where is the internet browser, I really can't find it...

2) I have a "homemade" pdf saved from microsoft office, the original document use a times new roman font and when I open it on a pc with adobe it shows perfectly fine. In the reader, instead, it shows "correctly" with pdfviewer (even if some of the letters are too close to each other which is not optimal...) but with the adobe viewer somehow it is shown with a completely different font almost unreadable. This doesn't happen with any pdf downloaded from the net (even if the letter issues in pdfviewer remain, that's why I prefer ADE as far as now). I know I can simply use the original doc but I would really like to know why this happens (you can find some images of what I mean attached)

3) I know themes does not work yet but is it possible to change off screen and start up image?

4) I setted a "hold ok button" to hide status panel, however, it doesn't work at all in the image viewer and in the pdf viewers or FBreader it hides and reappear right afterwards... why?

5) Does anyone know which is the exact maximum resolution in pdf mode and in the image viewer (considering the status panel)? this would be very helpful for optimal image resizing...

(just to be clear I have already uploaded to 2.04 firmware, even if from a sticker on the box it was supposed to be already loaded)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADE.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	68192   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBreader.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	68193   Click image for larger version

Name:	pdfviewer.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	68194  
Fisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
when you connect the device in pc-link mode you can put image files for off/on logo into /system/logo of the mounted internal drive (not the card drive which you would have too if there is a card in the reader), you choose which will be displayed in the configuration -> appearance settings.

The Internet browser is the 'BookLand' tab which you can choose in the library view.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
The Internet browser is the 'BookLand' tab which you can choose in the library view.
you should also be able to get it without having to go via bookland by going into "appications" in the home view and selecting the "webbrowser" application (and you may already have seen that reader has provided us all with an imporved reader). For more tips and a number of new applications you can have a look here.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #8
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi and congratulations for your first reader.

2) It's probably a problem the way your program renders PDFs, which are BTW the worst format for ereaders

3) Settings -> appearance, but the pictures are only shown in four shades of grey, you can also set the last read page for startup, so can start reading during boot process

4) This setting is only for the fbreader, unfortunately no chance for the other ones. With fbreader180 or coolreader 3 you can switch it off permanent.

5) Sorry, no clue

Have fun reading...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Hidding status bar is possible in "pdf viewer" and not "Adobe PDF viewer". If You want hide status panel by reading PDF document, You must open it with "pdf viewer" and not "Adobe viewer".

Last edited by marty63; 03-12-2011 at 07:03 AM.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote