Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #16
talios
talios began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader
Gah - deauthed again. THEN deleted the "Digitial Editions" directory off the Kobo. then RE-AUTHED again, copied the ePub over - still unable to read ;(

I think I might go to bed and cry ( and not read my purchased ePubs ).
talios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
talios

Reset the time as well, so that's now correct. But still no kettle, or fish No dice for that matter...
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by talios View Post
Reset the time as well, so that's now correct. But still no kettle, or fish No dice for that matter...
ave you tried loading the books with Calibre instead? Or if you bought the books from kobo, use the kobo app (I know it takes a while but you get all your book covers)? I've never used ADE to load books and I've never had this problem, just thought I'd put in my 2 cents
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #19
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
From my perspective, if I want to purchase more than one book ... I want to be able to put 2, 3 or more books into a shopping cart and buy 'em all at once. I'd also rather have one charge on my credit card that represents the entire purchase and not one book at a time.

I suppose if you are just reading one book at a time ... and don't mind buying only one book at a time ... then you don't need a shopping cart. However, if, say, you were going on vacation ... and weren't going to necessarily have computer access ... you might still like to read. Thus you might pick up 4 or 5 books at a go.

I have no experience with iTunes ... so I don't know why it would also be cart-less.

Not having a shopping cart on the website is simply short-sighted to me. With a shopping cart you can still purchase just one book ... but you can purchase several at once. It covers all the bases ... and I'd have assumed that a competent web designer would have known that.

Mary
iTunes figures it out. Remember that customers would often be buying several individual tracks for $0.99. Now that would be annoying to have on your credit card bill! My experience is that after a while, iTunes decides that you're done, submits a composite charge to the credit card and then sends you an email confirming the entire transaction.

No cart. I've never missed it.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The order seems to matter. When my Kobo appeared borked I started anew. Uninstalled both ADE and Kobo (using a good uninstaller--didn't want any stray DLLs hanging on), started from a newly flashed machine, reset time and date. Installed ADE and Kobo. All was well.I know that books you try to transfer before setting the time/date will not appear.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #21
talios

Right - so instead of just replacing the database. Maybe I should also be doing a full factory reset instead?

Whats strange is that the books DO show up - what would be nice if instead of just saying "these files are locked" the Kobo said something like "these files are locked - to user xxx@xxxx.com - this unit is registered to yyy@yyy.com". Would be helpful (ish, as both the unit and my books are registered to the same email address ).
Old 09-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #22
talios

Woohoo - after resetting the database -AND- doing a factory reset. -THEN- deleting and recopying the files via ADE I can read them on the Kobo.

Now to slowly ( again ) copy the several gb of epubs I have back to the device.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #23
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Congrats! You worked hard on this. Karma to you for not giving up!
taming is offline   Reply With Quote