Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
Browsing on the Eink Side...sort of...

Here is another questionably useful tip for those who like to do things with Edge just to show how much cooler it is than their friend's device.

You can enjoy the full benefits of not only web surfing, but actually pretty much anything you can do with the tablet on the eink side. A few caveats:

1. It will not really save much battery, since the lcd side will generally stay on as well.
2. It...is....slow

With that said, simply load up Javese excellent LCD2Eink program and set the following options:

User Reader App Switcher Key (the curved double arrow on the lcd side)
Use Wacom Pen Input
Capture after Pen up

You can also try the autorefresh option - I have mine set for 5 seconds and it seems to work pretty well.

Open up a web browser (I prefer Dolphin HD), capture the image with your app switcher key, wait for the image, then start slowly, patiently clicking, scrolling, etc.

To go back to a previous page you can either use the lcd "back" button and then refresh the image (with the app switcher key). One of the reasons I like Dolphin HD is because I can use gestures on the eink side to do the same thing; click on the hand picture in the lower left corner, wait until the screen refreshes, then make a "<" shape. It should refresh with your previous page with resorting to any lcd side buttons (meaning you can use it with the lcd screen folded back).

If you also use the lcd buttons and then refresh with the app switcher key (or wait for autorefresh), you can pretty much go anywhere and open any program. While many won't be useful with quicker response, it does allow you to basically access anything (docs, books, music, etc) without being able to see or touch a darn thing on the lcd. I've enjoyed sitting in the full sun surfing our forum then opening up docs and apps (like Pandora).

I hope others have fun with this. If you do, please give a big hats off to Javese!

Last edited by solarbanjo; 01-29-2012 at 11:12 AM.
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote