Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
belladove
belladove began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
has anyone gotten a scratch yet? still going without a screen protector here

From what l can gather, the Fire screen is made of something fairly new and super-strong. This is my very first touchscreen device (gasp!) and l can't get my head around the idea of a barrier over the screen. What have people's results been so far? Or am l the only one naive enough to think l can get by without a screen protector?
belladove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by belladove View Post
From what l can gather, the Fire screen is made of something fairly new and super-strong. This is my very first touchscreen device (gasp!) and l can't get my head around the idea of a barrier over the screen. What have people's results been so far? Or am l the only one naive enough to think l can get by without a screen protector?
You don't need one it's made of Gorilla glass. I use one for helping with glare issues, smoother scrolling and easy cleaning.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

My wife bought me the Marware (Anti-Glare) two pack from Kindle and I absolutely love it. I highly recommend these. They reduce the glare in all light conditions, make a stlyus feel more natural when using and reduce fingerprints dramatically. Get a set and you'll never go back.

As you can see from Amazons website, screen protectors are not everyone's cup of tea.

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Kindle...ctor-Cleaning/
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
My wife bought me the Marware (Anti-Glare) two pack from Kindle and I absolutely love it. I highly recommend these. They reduce the glare in all light conditions, make a stlyus feel more natural when using and reduce fingerprints dramatically. Get a set and you'll never go back.

As you can see from Amazons website, screen protectors are not everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks for the review I wonder if they were any good for their price.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
I managed to get a small scratched on the glass. I have a large zippered pocket on my jacket, and it must have hit the zipper coming out at some point.

So far that's the only one though...luckily it's not easily noticeable.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Still no protector here on mine since Nov. and no scratches.

Gorilla Glass rocks

Id love to reduce the glare but dont want a protector on it.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
dulcamara
dulcamara began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
My screen is still naked. No scratches. I've also given up screen protectors on my phones.
dulcamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
hoosiermama
Enthusiast
hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
I don't have a screen protector on mine I've had a Droid phone with gorilla glass, and have never had a screen protector on that either. Both get tossed in my purse. The only screen protector I'd consider for the Fire would be to reduce glare, but I probably wouldn't like it.
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
No scratches, no protector. I'm keeping it that way.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
I have had my Fire since mid- November.I have no scratches no screen protector.
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've no scratches yet (not that I plan to have any). I like the screen. It feels like it could take a pounding and still look a-ok.

Even if it IS Gorilla Glass, I'd never try to duplicate their sales pitch of being able to scrape it with a key and it'd look just fine! I'd be the exception that proves the rule and have my screen be completely destroyed.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post

Broken link. Is this link to the one you bought?

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Kindle...7430971&sr=1-1

Old 01-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I just order a two pak of anti-glare cheapies for my new Fire on it's way. Good thing hubby has Prime on his student account. They should get here the same day.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Broken link. Is this link to the one you bought?

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Kindle...7430971&sr=1-1

Yes, that is the correct set. After my buddy saw mine and used them for awhile, he chose to install my second set on his fire.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I've never gotten a scratch. Screen protectors are good things to have if you move around a lot, but my Fire stays around the house mostly.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote